Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tow Hooks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh... aren't our cars made right here in America? Even the JDM/RHD wagons were built here IIRC.

kouzie, do you have any pics of yours where it mounts up, or what kind do you have? I've had similar troubles as deev and would like a more bumper-friendly hook. I'm not about to mount one to the flimsy rad support.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Uh... aren't our cars made right here in America? Even the JDM/RHD wagons were built here IIRC.

kouzie, do you have any pics of yours where it mounts up, or what kind do you have? I've had similar troubles as deev and would like a more bumper-friendly hook. I'm not about to mount one to the flimsy rad support.
      yeah i was thinking bout making some mounts for them i just need a welder
      back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
        i live in new england tow hooks are a good idea since snow sucks lol and i tend to get my self stuck in my road
        After reading this, I remembered a snowy winter night and how I was stuck on the side of RTE 101 in my Mazdajunk Prote***. They ended up putting a chain around the driver's side rim to pull me out. Anyway, a tow hook may have not solved the problem, but I wouldn't mind doing it all over again with one.

PSN ~ Ghostboost03
        Jimm@BavAuto.com

~1993 Accord LX
        ~2003 Nissan Maxima GLE
        ~2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #1954 - SOLD

Comment

I think I may have a set of these tow hooks laying around and they look identical to the ones that the accord with the carbon fiber hood on it.

Comment

I love seeing the tow hook followed by the sticker above saying, "tow here."

PSN ~ Ghostboost03
            Jimm@BavAuto.com

~1993 Accord LX
            ~2003 Nissan Maxima GLE
            ~2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #1954 - SOLD

Comment

lol yeah lol
              back at it again

Comment

I drew up a set of tow hooks in cad last night for our cars. My buddy works at a metal fab shop so he is going to try to have them cut on their Waterjet CNC table. if they turn out worth a shit ill post up my drawing if anyone wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by 400DollarPhil View Post
                  I drew up a set of tow hooks in cad last night for our cars. My buddy works at a metal fab shop so he is going to try to have them cut on their Waterjet CNC table. if they turn out worth a shit ill post up my drawing if anyone wants it.
                  hit me up if that ever turns out, ill buy one if the price is reasonable and were both in 360. so we might not need to worry about shiping.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting in 808 View Post
                    hit me up if that ever turns out, ill buy one if the price is reasonable and were both in 360. so we might not need to worry about shiping.
                    For sure! im down here in the Vancouver area, but have lots of friends up your way so someone is making a trip almost every month. haha. ill keep you posted.

Comment

i would like pics lol

and i was thinkin bout other style ones too that where alil longer than the universal ones since most of the mount sit farthe back on our cars
                      back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterCB7 View Post
                        yea all you do is drill holes in the bumper support for the front tow hook. it makes it easyer if you remove the bumper. and the rear there are a couple spots were you can mount it but benen makes some bwr(black works racing) i had benen there finished looked nicer.
                        oh my head hurts reading through this thread....
                        ____

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT

Sorry for the late reply.
                          Should have pm me instead as I hardly come on now.

But here are the pics:

As you can see I mounted it to the orginal stock tow follow by welded.

I'm using a Integra's steel tow, not aluminum . Don't remember the brand.

It wasn't for look at all, more of an emergency when need.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

i have some plate steal i can use to make one but with dlinks too lol

said dlink since not many of you are off roaders

i put that one there just cuz i could
                            back at it again

Comment

In my opinion.... Your car is just that... Your car... People have the right to make it theirs... For show or working... If you like it .. Go for it!!

Comment

Anyone know where i can get a tow-hook of high-quality? Im only interested in the rear and plan to actually use it. Ive been searching for one, but none look as though they will extend out far enough from under the rear bumper cover. I'd like it in blue as well....lol

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X