Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tow Hooks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I think that if a part has a function, it should retain that function when added to the car. Tail lights... they light up. If you swapped in some tail lights that didn't light up, that would be a stupid mod (of course, that's different, because you'd be eliminating a pre-existing function, which is even worse than simply adding an additional part that isn't functional.)

Aesthetic mods make sense... because that IS their function. Their function is to alter the appearance of the car.
      I suppose the functionless tow hook could be called an aesthetic mod... but so could a 3" muffler tip on a stock muffler, a stick-on hood scoop, or the previously mentioned "BOV sound" mod for non-turbo cars (mentioned again because that one is just so absolutely idiotic... )

In all, it comes down to opinion... so nobody is truly right or wrong. People can do whatever they want to their cars. My opinion is just that if a modification has an intended function, then that modification should be functional.
      Well said and I agree....especially with the BOV mod lol

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

my factory tow hook is bent any suggestions on bending back maybe a hammer or mallet??

Comment

It may need to be heated up and bent back. Think about the excessive force it took to bend it to begin with. Then again, they are rather flimsy.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by kouzie View Post
            I put mine on where front tow hook are but mine isn't just for look though:

nice car i like your rims and the tow hook, wouldn't that give an advantage to some one who is willing to steal your car? people will go to extreme measures and that would benefit them correct me if i am wrong

Comment

If someone can steal a car just by using an aftermarket tow hook, I say they deserve the car!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie93fourdoor View Post
                my factory tow hook is bent any suggestions on bending back maybe a hammer or mallet??
                I don't know if I would want to bend it back. It could be cracked, and will be weaker and might fail if you have to use it.

Comment

I've been trying to find this one tow hook. The hook is a ring and it's held by like a seat belt and it's just hanging. Anyone know what in talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterCB7 View Post
                    yea all you do is drill holes in the bumper support for the front tow hook. it makes it easyer if you remove the bumper. and the rear there are a couple spots were you can mount it but benen makes some bwr(black works racing) i had benen there finished looked nicer.
                    why would you do that also. the bumper support is fiberglass. the good pull and it will rip out

Comment

really people are drilling these into their bumpers. thats crazy.
                      my toe hook or bed tie down is snapped in half.
                      don't know how it happened.
                      was thinking of upgrading. I'm yet to find one that looks appealing.

plus it makes things harder if the car to be stolen.

Comment

90 accord lx
                        form > function

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

^ Those are definitely just for looks.

Comment

PLEASE don't be a poser.
                            Only get one if you meet all of these... (not 1 or 2 but all)

a) car is tracked
                            b) car is lowered
                            c) car has a lip/wind splittter that would made it difficult to use OEM tow hook for pulling upward/forward

OEM front tow hooks aren't the greatest considering many cars are lowered and have some sort of aftermarket lip or wind splitter thingy...

for track purpose get it. I mean if your car gets stuck in the sand pit or something the guys that come pull your car out don't really take their time when the in a rush to get the car out.

I think it's just easier access to have soft one tow strap that can be easily be pulled out when needed.

Comment

If people want to steal your car they will steal it, don't blame it on a tow hook. It doesn't make it any easier to steal a car with our without exposed aftermarket tow hook. That argument is lame.

Kou, where do you track your car?

Originally posted by kouzie View Post
                              I put mine on where front tow hook are but mine isn't just for look though:

Comment

The OEM hooks aren't tow hooks at all. They are tie-down hooks. The car isn't meant to be pulled from them. Just strapped down to a flatbed by them.

Comment

Working...
                                X