Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need ideas on this dent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ideas on this dent

The damage I got to fix any ideas would help out alot.

I have a dent on my passenger side quarter buy my rear door. It seem like I can push it out from under the wheel well. I thought about getting that section cut off a cb with a perfect quarter and having it welded on to mine. Down side is I dont know how to weld lol. I was going to take it to a shop but they closed down

Any DIY ideas would help me out alot

Thanx
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Find a Paintless Dent Repair service (unless your quarter is severely rusted and should be replaced anyway). If you're anywhere near Dayton, OH call contact DentMagicOhio.com. I've had him here twice, he's removed all sorts of door dings, dents, creases, etc. from everything in my sig except Moby (the van) without having to do any paint work. I tried to remove some of the dents myself, but only made them worse. There is an art to it.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

You cannot access from the bottom of the fender. You need a long pry bar and go from the side of the trunk or side of the back seat. If you got those PDR stick you can use that too. Wont be perfect so you need to do bodywork on it.
      Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

I always say...put your location in profile so other members can come to the rescue, but people don't. Get it done by body shop. Unless you are one hell of a one yourself, or know some friend who are, but then you wouldn't post this question. So give a place some bucks, and have it done and finished.

Do you think I wanted to mess with this for weeks with a puller and bondo? Hell no! We removed it and had friend and then body shop put on a used one and fixed the bumper and hood.
        Last edited by SilverShadow; 03-04-2011, 11:37 PM. Reason: took out some words that were used with better as well as spelling corrections

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
        New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
        My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Yes... if you never done bodywork before, take it to a shop or local member who can help you out. If you dont know what you're doing you might cause more damage.

Comment

Do you have anymore pics from different angles?
            Its going to be difficult for you to get out simply because it appears that it is dented up to the original door jam crease.

Best best as said above is to take it to a shop.
            If you have a welder you could weld steel rods onto it and use a slide hammer to get most of it out.

Comment

Fleewood

I live in Cali Ohio is very far lol

HATCHing

I'll look into the PDR bar. the very bottom of the dent I can feel in the wheel well. On frined of mine said try the dry ice methof of drill 2 holes and pop the dent out slowly

Silvershadow

I would post my location, I do stay in Cali but thats as much as I'm going to give since its full of thieves.

Anyways the shop I did want to take it did very very goof work and was only 3 blocks away from me and had quick turn around times so I'd have my car back within the same week and they quored me 400 fpr both quarters while others charged way more for the same job no paint.

I dont mind doing any repairs myself so it'll bw a good learning experience.
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

For areas that you cannot reach and you have no tool for... you can use a self taping screw.. screw to the center of the dented area and pull the dent out with a plier or slide hammer. Work slowly so you wont damage anything else.

Try that before you drill... basically the same thing, you will end up with holes just like drilling but instead you screw the self taping in and the only way out is to screw it out the opposit direction. Once you secure the screw in pull the dent out to level out. Keep doing until all the dented area is nice and level. You can weld the hole shot and grind it down to level and then bondo work to cover it. Primer than paint and clear you're done.
                Last edited by HATCHing; 03-05-2011, 02:15 AM.

Comment

^ what he said What an odd angle or shadow, IDK the pic makes it hard to really see the severity of the damage, but if I'm looking at it right I think your going to need more than one hole for the slide hammer technique. Just pull the dent out as much as you can before using filler.

I may be looking at it wrong - have you removed the truck liner to see if you can reach it with your hand?

Comment

Working...
                  X