Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Interior door handle replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior door handle replacement?

The plastic that sets my door handle into the door panel is and broke more when I installed my new speaker. Now I have to hold the plastic when I open the door.

this is exactly whjat I will need http://www.carpartswholesale.com/v5/...Listing+Page:7

my question is, can i get this somewhere near me instead of buying it offline and waiting for it to get here. maybe i can get it at a honda dealership? maybe i can get it some where cheaper? also do u recommend a certain way of installing it?

thanx for the help!

Go to your local junk yard and pick one up.

Comment

ill be honest ive never been to a junkyard before. would i have to take the part off of an old car my self? or will the part already be of the car? how would i go abouts retrieving the handle

Comment

Yeah just go to your local "pull-a-part" or whatever junk yard there is around you. It's normally a dollar or two to get in. I think the only thing you'll need for the door handle is a phillips head screwdriver and maybe a flathead and some pliers. I can't remember what the back of it looks like. There's a little circle piece behind the door handle. Pry that out and there's a phillips screw that you need to remove. Once you take that out GENTLY pry the handle out of the door. You might wnt to try sliding it forward while doing this. Just be careful with it basically. Then once you get it out take it up front and pay the $3-$5 or whatever they charge. It shouldn't cost you too much. It'll be cheaper than a new one.

Comment

You will need one medium phillips screw driver. Then they slide foreward and come out. EVERY SINGLE door handle I have seen on our cars at a junk yard has been broken in half at the same place as mine.

I went to Honda. $30 CDN each. There the next day, in the right colour, with the power locks that I wanted. And best of all, BRAND NEW.

Comment

Yeah you'd probably be hard pressed to find one in a junk yard but it's the cheaper route. It was $22.49 with shipping at the website you gave a link to. So either way you wouldn't be out of pocket that much.

Comment

Definitely just go to the dealership. Ur gonna pay way too much for it but atleast u will get a brand new part and in the color u want it in. And there is a real good chance they have it in stock. The JY will most likely not have one and if they do it will most likely not be in the color u need.

Comment

haha...I usually just go to a local junkyard and stuffed my pocket with anything that fits. I got like 3 door handles today... anything fits in a pocket is fair game.. hell I paid 2 bucks to get in. lol
                Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
                  haha...I usually just go to a local junkyard and stuffed my pocket with anything that fits. I got like 3 door handles today... anything fits in a pocket is fair game.. hell I paid 2 bucks to get in. lol
                  or your tool bag

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                    or your tool bag
                    well... they check the tool bag.
                    Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

First off you don't list where your from. Helpful if a member is close-by. Also, you gave no clue as to year and trim of your CB or did I miss it? Did you post the side or front or rear, color? Looks only you need a power one.
                      I rant cause I have an extra power one and would love to just send it free to you. I think it's gray and even though it was for the wagon, it should fit sedan.
                      Now I need to wait for your reply. Don't put one on until you know how cause it has a small white clip that if you break it......bad but it is easy..better with panel off.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                        First off you don't list where your from. Helpful if a member is close-by. Also, you gave no clue as to year and trim of your CB or did I miss it? Did you post the side or front or rear, color? Looks only you need a power one.
                        I rant cause I have an extra power one and would love to just send it free to you. I think it's gray and even though it was for the wagon, it should fit sedan.
                        Now I need to wait for your reply. Don't put one on until you know how cause it has a small white clip that if you break it......bad but it is easy..better with panel off.
                        1993, LX, driver's side front, brown

Comment

Mine is 92 LX , I think it is drivers' side...but gray. I got some from E-bay and some from members...all the same. Dealer cost way to much and it is a simple part to find mint new.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

It could be different than my last post but in his first it says "this is EXACTLY what I need" so i would assume the color and everything that comes up in that link is it.

Comment

I just want to say ...since you put in a speaker, you should know how the panel comes off. After removing the screws to the handle,the handle may dangle till the door lock bar comes out of the handles' hole. LOOK SUPER CAREFULLY HOW THE SMALL WHITE CLIP IS HOLDING THE BAR. DO NOT REMOVE IT TILL YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IT COMES ON AND OFF. IT GOES UP FOR REMOVAL...DO NOT FORCE!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                              X