Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

front end swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front end swap

i havent been able to find anything with the search, if anyone knows of it, please post the link for me, but i was wondering if anyone has done a legend front end swap, if so how hard is it? pictures if done please?

Originally posted by 91cb7h22poss View Post
    i havent been able to find anything with the search, if anyone knows of it, please post the link for me, but i was wondering if anyone has done a legend front end swap, if so how hard is it? pictures if done please?
    This isn't a Legend front end but it's a Vigor just so you can see, if this can be done anything is possible, with the correct tools and skills...

..............http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123048

.................................................. .................................................. ...
    God First, Family Second, and CB's for fun Third...

Comment

fyi the legend hood is EASILY 2x the weight of the cb hood LOL. im sure it would look nice if someone with wherms skills attempted it.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

nahh i wouldnt do the hood unless i had to, which i prolly would, but im trying to decide if i want the 92 93 front end : clean, or a dc integra bumper : cleaner IMO, and i just thought about the legend front end now

Comment

If you could pull it off cleanly it would look good. You need the Mugen Legend front end.

Comment

I'm trying so hard not to flame....

but...why not just buy a Legend or DC integra?!?! Would be waaaay cheaper, and...well...would look better. If anything they have better looking REAR ends than our cb's. lol

To each their own. If it can be pulled off cleanly i can respect that. just never understood the whole "different car front end conversion" fad back in the day...except for cases like the 240's/silvias...but really that was the same car.

Also...get a legend lip and a g square grille and it looks pretty much the same
            Last edited by darkfusion42; 02-04-2011, 06:23 PM.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
            Traded with: Cb7xChun
            Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
            Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
            My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

If you have to ask, its above your skill level.

Darkfusions right. Just buy a legend or teg.

Comment

there is no reason to get a conversion if the cars already look the same lol, just buy the legend
                well... there is one reason to get a conversion, if you want the v6 engine that wouldn't fit on the regular cb7
                Last edited by #1_M.I._CARLOS; 02-04-2011, 10:14 PM.
                My MRT

Comment

I usually buy a car because I like the way it looks, not because I want to make it look like some other car.

That's like saying I cant afford a BMW, so I'll buy a Hyundai Accent and put a 3 series front end on it.

Comment

hey fusion, im not trying to be an ass, but did you ever think that maybe i dont want my cb to look like anyone elses, maybe i want it to be origional, like nothing people have seen before, or maybe i wanna do something unique, im just throwing it out there, and dobermann, i work at a garage, i work on cosmetic everyday, i just wondered if anyone did it in hopes that maybe someone has, to fill me in on the level of difficulty, thanks to the people that contributed, to people who flamed the shit outta me

Comment

Originally posted by 91cb7h22poss View Post
                      hey fusion, im not trying to be an ass, but did you ever think that maybe i dont want my cb to look like anyone elses, maybe i want it to be origional, like nothing people have seen before, or maybe i wanna do something unique, im just throwing it out there, and dobermann, i work at a garage, i work on cosmetic everyday, i just wondered if anyone did it in hopes that maybe someone has, to fill me in on the level of difficulty, thanks to the people that contributed, to people who flamed the shit outta me
                      Hey, not trying to be an ass, but I said if you could pull it off cleanly I'd respect that. BUT you are missing my point. I'm saying I never understood the logic in "I don't want my car to look like...that car" Why did you buy a cb in the first place if you didn't want to look like a cb? If you wanted to look like a legend, why the hell didn't you buy a legend? I'm just saying the logic is backwards, no matter how you look at it, let alone ruining what might very well soon be a classic. But, like I said to each their own.

My intention wasn't to flame, it was giving you an opposing opinion on the matter. The costs alone aside from the little hiccups here and there are enough in my opinion to make it not worth it.
                      Last edited by darkfusion42; 02-08-2011, 09:25 AM.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                      Traded with: Cb7xChun
                      Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                      Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                      My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

like i said, i want my shit to be unique and i want it to be unique. i never said i was going to do the swap, if you want to keep your cb7 a true cb7, be my guest, i really couldnt give a shit less, thanks for the input but i'd rather not hear anything else about it

Comment

you're the one that asked on an open public forum for people's insight. That's what you got.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                            you're the one that asked on an open public forum for people's insight. That's what you got.

Have a nice day.
                            correction he aint ask for ppl to tell him to buy other cars... its his car either he want the legend front end or he gon keep the cb7 front end.. theres a lot of things on ppls cars that doesnt look good or great in our eyes... but then again thats not our car either... its much easier to talk someone outta doin something then gettin it done yourself..is this forum about helping others or sayin ppls intentions or views on their own ride is stupid or pointless... no one told wherm to get a vigor when he did his swap and it looked good, hell even before the swap i didnt even see a comment flaming against it asking that let alone..legends are sexy, or cars are similar but they are no legend.. imo bro i see your vision and its clear... vs that mugen legend crap.. put the work into it and see whats up/how you like it, youl appreciate that vs.. bolt on here and there

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
                              If you have to ask, its above your skill level.

Darkfusions right. Just buy a legend or teg.
                              how do you kno this mans skill level btw.. you sure u tryna help him out or give constructive criticism #just sayin

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

Working...
                              X