Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What rims will fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rims will fit

Ok I have a 91 accord 4 door. I am gonna drop it two inch and put on some rims. But with a 2 inch drop whats the biggest rim I can put on i'm thinking like a 17 with a 45 series tire will that fit?

yes 17s will fit. Im not sure about 45s but i know 40s will fit. I know a guy that has 18s on a 3inch drop

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

I had 205/40/17's on my old one.. no rubbing at all .. also was dropped two inches.. stil had plenty of room. so 45's should still be fine.

Comment

I currently have 17x7 on mine with 205/45r17 and I have and use sometimes my set of 18x7.5 with 215/40r18 all around so that will fit no problem man...

Comment

Be sure to get the proper offset, as that will make a difference.
          You may have to remove the plastic splash guard in the fenderwell, or you may rub it when making tight turns. I did with less than 2" on 205/40/17 Falken Ziex 512 on 7.5" wide Falken Hanabis... I can't remember if the offset was +38 or +42.

Comment

Ok this is exactly why i'm in the beginner section lol. But what is offset explain a little more. And if by splash guard you mean the mud flap things then they are already off.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
              But what is offset explain a little more.
              http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=40

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                Ok this is exactly why i'm in the beginner section lol. But what is offset explain a little more. And if by splash guard you mean the mud flap things then they are already off.
                Offset is a measurement of where the wheel actually mounts in relation to the width of the wheel. Low offset wheels will stick out, and high offset wheels will be sunk in. The link JoshM just posted will probably explain in a lot more detail.

The splash shields I'm referring to are the plastic sheets that go under the fender. Look in your wheel well. Knock on the part that sits above and in front of the tire. If it's plastic, that's what I'm talking about. If it's not, then they may already be off.

Comment

so basically from the center of the rim to the lugs where it contacts the hub correct. Also even if I get deep dish rims can you still get different offsets on deep dish rims. Sorry I just don't wanna mess anything up. And also I read the thread lowering FAQ 101 and I wanted to do the H&R springs and the Bilstein struts. But I can't find them anywhere. Does this site have like a parts website that alot of this stuff can be found.

Comment

what kind of chamber, if any, should i expect

if choose to have a 2" drop on 18x7.5 +40 on 215/40/18?
                    Last edited by jewelproject; 03-23-2012, 05:49 PM.
                    RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

i had 17x7 dont remember the offset (probably +28 or 32 ish) but they had 214/45 r17 and never had any rubbing issues

8 Accords so far:
                      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
                        what kind of chamber, if any, should i expect

if choose to have a 2" drop on 18x7.5 +40 on 215/40/18?
                        What do you mean by what kind of chamber?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          What do you mean by what kind of chamber?
                          The 36th Chamber, of course:

Or maybe he meant "camber".

Comment

I'm rubbing on a 3" drop with F&F Type Is. I seriously need to invest in some newer ones with damper adjustment. Damn regular maintenance is taking my money.

I'm on 18 x 8 OEM Acura TL wheels with 215/45/17 tires and a +45 offset, I believe.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Sorry camber...

how off would it be....estimate?
                              RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Working...
                              X