Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering Springs

ok i got here a 1993 CB7 LX AUTO(YES FML ALREADY) its sits so high off the ground and its fucking ridiculous, so high that domo can go in my wheel well........................

And its time i get the hellaflush stance that i've been dreaming of. to the main point i was thinking about getting tanabe max lowering springs or maybe Tein lowerings and im not sure and i here that they fucked up the stock struts in months but i dont really care to much im not racing just rollin. And which ones do you guy refer me to get BTW on a budget........ so yeah and what struts to????

how she sits now

how i want her to sit
    http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...47f3a1a4oa.jpg
    Last edited by JDMDaniel240; 01-29-2011, 12:09 AM.
    HELLAFLUSH 4 Me Coming Soon In Spring 2012

Lowering your car on stock shocks is NO NO! you won't be "rolling" for long with that setup. There's a thread about lowering your car somewhere, please look for it.

Comment

Koni STRT + Tein Stech springs = budget set-up.

Search around your local craigslist for slightly used set-up if you are really low budget.

Like said above , stock shocks are out of the equation when it comes to lowering. It will fuck you in the ass good , you'll regret it.
      Last edited by ExplodingCake; 01-29-2011, 12:09 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
        Koni STRT + Tein Stech springs = budget set-up.

Search around your local craigslist for slightly used set-up if you are really low budget.

Like said above , stock shocks are out of the equation when it comes to lowering. It will fuck you in the ass good , you'll regret it.
        So you suggest this setup ok cool thanks but Ive heard some people say that some company's sell OEM lowering springs???????
        HELLAFLUSH 4 Me Coming Soon In Spring 2012

Comment

Nobody sells OEM lowering springs , for CB7's atleast. I know HFP, TRD , Nismo etc are the closest to OEM people can get. However , does not support CB chassis.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Either that, or the Skunk Sport setup. Also look on TASauto.

OP, just search around please--you'll find plennnty of resources here on the forum.

OEM struts are fail. Even moar so, cheap sleeve overs. Be careful out there

life is good.

Comment

I have the exact setup that ExplodingCake mentioned. It delivers a 2.1'' drop in front and 1.7'' drop in the back, and the ride quality is nearly as smooth as OEM. I love it, but want to point out that you'll be scraping quite a bit, especially if you give people rides often. I have to replace my muffler now due to my stupidity on a driveway ramp.

Koni STR.T shocks are THE best shocks on a budget. I'm still shocked Koni can sell it for so cheap yet deliver such a high-quality product.

If you want to see how the drop looks, feel free to check out my Ride Thread (click on my signature).
              Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
              2005 Acura TSX 6MT
              2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

What about KYB GR2's and H-tech's, would that be a good setup? I hear those springs offer a slight drop, but that the GR-2's are only pretty much an OEM replacement strut. I have no experience with those

life is good.

Comment

KYB GR2 and Tokico HP are both only good for stock replacement, or a VERY slight drop with a VERY slight increase in spring rate.

It's not about "not racing"... it's about safety. Lower your car on stock shocks, or shocks that aren't matched properly to your springs, and you will make your car extremely unsafe. Braking and roadholding ability will be compromised severely, and you will dramatically increase your chance of crashing in an emergency situation. Don't be an idiot.

Koni STR.T, as mentioned, will work fine with the springs you want. They will cost you about $250-$300. You will also want to get a quality camber kit (because a cheap one may break, and cause you to crash...) Ingalls or SPC are the ONLY brands I would trust here. That will run you another $150-$300 depending on what you get. Then you're going to be dropping about $65 for an alignment.

If that's too expensive for you, then I suggest doing something that isn't going to be putting your life at risk. Get a wing, or some decals.

Comment

I threw some Sprint springs on years ago w/ stock shocks.... and just drove from Detroit to Tampa, works fine. The ride is a little rough w/o upgrading the shocks, but I've seen worse. Your biggest MUST is a camber kit. At first it appeared that the camber is fine, but the tires will tell very quick

Comment

Why does everyone feel the need to follow my statements about safety with "I did it and it rides fine!"

Yes, the ride isn't that uncomfortable. Yes, it seems to handle well. BUT, as soon as those shocks completely blow out (and they will, VERY quickly), try slamming on the brakes. Try taking a corner at a high speed, or jerking the wheel to avoid an unexpected obstacle (like a pothole, or something that falls of the car in front of you, or a dog... or a child.) and watch in horror as you lose control. Because without a properly functioning shock to hold your tires on the ground, your wheels are going to bounce up and down. You will not stop. You will not turn. You will not avoid what you are trying to avoid.

From the comments made by a few members lately, that doesn't seem to matter. I guess if you cheap out on your suspension and modify it so it is unsafe, and you mow down a child chasing a ball into the street... that should be the fault of the parents of that child, for not teaching their kid to stay out of the street.

Comment

i use to ride coilovers and stock struts and it was a bad idea, on my new cb i have agx and a high quality coilover and the difference is tremendous...its one thing to risk your own life but dont risk other people on the road, because you dont know when your suspension is going to shit on itself

Comment

AGX aren't designed for a drop lower than 1.5", or for a high spring rate either. I had AGX on H&R Sport springs (about 1.8"), and now I have Koni Yellows on H&R Race (about 2.0")
                          The difference is night and day. The AGX seemed ok, but now that I actually know what it's like to have shocks that are made for my drop... holy crap, I was fooling myself.

brand0n327, you sig is way too big. Please resize or remove it.

Comment

sorry about that didnt realize i still had that pic as my sig....but agx are still a good quality strut to lower the car right? im sure eventually i will upgrade the struts again but for 400 it was a good buy....i was looking at air ride, does that handle like garbage? i mean im not looking for cornering or anything like that...but yet air ride is not cheap..

Comment

I wouldn't trust air ride for anything but a show car.

AGX are good when used as they're supposed to be used... a mild drop of 1.5" or less, and a spring rate not much stiffer than stock. MOST lowering springs and coilovers don't qualify. They're far better than 20 year old stock shocks, or cheap stock replacement... and they're not so poorly matched as to be dangerous (untl they blow... I popped one once, and the ride was scary until i replaced it!) but it's seriously MUCH better with shocks that are actually made for a drop and stiff spring rate.

Comment

Working...
                              X