Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

purple hid's illegal in al??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purple hid's illegal in al??

are purple hid headlights illegal in the state of alabama?? i just got some for my cb7 but i dont wanna get pulled over. thank you!! <3 Janell <3

That's an odd way to tell us that you now have purple headlights.

Seeing as how it's legal to drive monster trucks on the roads in alabama (your spelling) I doubt anyone is concerned about headlight color.

Comment

Originally posted by janellow View Post
      are purple hid headlights illegal in the state of alabama?? i just got some for my cb7 but i dont wanna get pulled over. thank you!! <3 Janell <3
      Check with your D.O.T. or the local lawman. A lot of it depends on color vs. light output and is discretionary (For instance, a nice bright light with a purple tint vs a blacklight)

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
      That's an odd way to tell us that you now have purple headlights.

Seeing as how it's legal to drive monster trucks on the roads in alabama (your spelling) I doubt anyone is concerned about headlight color.

Other than the lack of capitalization, what's wrong with the way the OP spelled Alabama?

Comment

normaly anything over 10k is illigal but that verys from state to state and how bright yours actually are

Comment

good luck driving in the rain

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
            good luck driving in the rain
            hey now my buddy is running 12k 55wat hid granted they look more like 8k but never the less he can still see but for peak brightness 4.3k-6k

Comment

ALL HIDs that didn't come factory in a vehicle are illegal.
              Cops are pretty lenient around here as long as they're 8000K or less.

But deep blue, pink, purple, green, etc will be major magnets.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i think they are illegal in our state bro.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

cops dont give a shit about my 6k they think they r silverstar ultras for some reason.

plus a note guys if you hold a white piece of paper in front of your light and they shine white they r supposed to be legal. but if they shine blue purple pink green ect illegal. so true hid your supposed to be able to get away with it because they shine white. but im not positive how that all works

Comment

just put it on. if you get pull over then its illegal and give him bullshit excuse like it came with the car when you bought it. if you don't get pull over
                    then you are home free.
                    Last edited by blackex; 12-15-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                      ALL HIDs that didn't come factory in a vehicle are illegal.
                      Cops are pretty lenient around here as long as they're 8000K or less.

But deep blue, pink, purple, green, etc will be major magnets.
                      x2

dirty south loves the extreme colors3

Comment

Oddly, around here in the ATL I've never seen or heard of anybody being pulled over for any. I see obnoxious glare from HID's in stock housings, stupid ass fake purple, pink, and green all the time. it's retarded if you ask me. But hey, to each their own I suppose.

I had 8k in stock housings aimed down for the longest and never once got hassled, or flashed by other drivers, for that matter.

But as JOSHM stated, technically any non factory HID set up is illegal.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                        Traded with: Cb7xChun
                        Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                        Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                        My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Ive got 13k in mine car and they look like a 6k with a tint of purple. So no cops care. Now if you are going to run 30k like my friend did, he got a ticket.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                          Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

I've seen a couple of cars with the purple ones and they don't look half as bright as the 6k's

Comment

Originally posted by cheese20323 View Post
                              I've seen a couple of cars with the purple ones and they don't look half as bright as the 6k's
                              Because they aren't as bright. The higher the Kelvin rating, the dimmer they are.

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X