Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust!

I have horrible rust in one of the wheel wells of my car. To the point where i'm not certain of the integrity of my quarter panel. It's in the rear, and I can seriously probably punch out most of the wheel well. What should be my plan of action here? I'm mad stressed about this

You're going to need to weld in a new quarter panel. TASauto.com has them. It's not a cheap or easy thing to do, unfortunately. Although it's an excuse to paint your car, which always makes you love it more

Comment

$50 each is cheap, IMO but it's the cost of labor that's going to kill you.
      Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

But once you do all the work of replacing the panel, you will be able to see how good the cb7 looks with out rust. lol

Comment

For a new quarter panel installation, it does not come cheap. Mostly labor intense and then you have the task of closely trying to match the factory color, unless painting the whole car. If money is tight, your other option is finding the right body shop that can tackle the rust and sheet metal the areas that are badly affected by heavy rust. Your second option would most likely bring you rust back in less than 6 month to a year. Don't give up!

Comment

Originally posted by crazyl69 View Post
            For a new quarter panel installation, it does not come cheap. Mostly labor intense and then you have the task of closely trying to match the factory color, unless painting the whole car. If money is tight, your other option is finding the right body shop that can tackle the rust and sheet metal the areas that are badly affected by heavy rust. Your second option would most likely bring you rust back in less than 6 month to a year. Don't give up!
            Yeah, sheet metal is probably the easy route, but you'll most likely regret it.

Comment

Mine had pretty bad rust too. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158254
              The inside of the wheel well can be replaced by standard sheet metal. You gotta buy the arch and rest of the body panel. Scroll down to see the progress made.
              Last edited by Gsquat; 09-07-2010, 08:36 PM.

Comment

go to tasauto and buy the quarter panels
                start cutting and weld new piece in
                do some body work
                prime
                wet sand
                paint
                wet sand
                clear coat
                admire

thats what im doing to my white 2dr project at the moment but rite now im up to primer at the moment then wet sand and so on and so forth. btw im doing everything myself =D

Comment

i work in a body shop i beleve to put outer quarter pannel book time is 10hrs inner is 7
                  i have the same problem and the cost to fix my cb7 is 1394 at my employee discount, not including the cost of buying the quarter's or paint, down side is i already have bodykit and rims and megan racing exaust and intercooler and 14b turbo, it sux bro, your best bet is to try to buy one rust free, which should cost you about 2500-3500, wich will be cheaper for you than fix the rust

Comment

i'll just use a shit load of fiberglass and bondo untill i get a new CB

Comment

Working...
                    X