Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Type R Emblem on CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type R Emblem on CB7?

I want to get opinions on what some respectful CB7 owners think about putting a Type R emblem on my cb7 with an jdm H22a in it? I figure since some Type R's come with H22a's and i have one it would be cool, but yet I want to see what others think! thanks in advance

i honestly want to keep my wagon as a sleeper so im not going to have any badging that can tell what i have..i mean if you like it then go for it and dont worry what others have to say is your car and your allowed to do what you want to it...

Comment

Originally posted by ::90AccordEx:: View Post
      I want to get opinions on what some respectful CB7 owners think about putting a Type R emblem on my cb7 with an jdm H22a in it? I figure since some Type R's come with H22a's and i have one it would be cool, but yet I want to see what others think! thanks in advance
      I'm pretty sure you already know that CB's never had a Type-R model.

ATR appeared on the European market back in 1998 with the CH1 , while Japan had the Euro-R with the CL1.

However, it's your call whether you'll slap it in or no.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

thanks! and yea i feel what your're saying about keeping it a sleeper, its nice to smack the smiles off of B series civic/teg owners when stopping at the next ligt lol, just didnt want to bust out a ricer look by adding those badges you know?

Comment

Originally posted by ::90AccordEx:: View Post
          thanks! and yea i feel what your're saying about keeping it a sleeper, its nice to smack the smiles off of B series civic/teg owners when stopping at the next ligt lol, just didnt want to bust out a ricer look by adding those badges you know?
          oh yeh...dey deff wont expect that out of a cb..especially a wagon..haha cant wait to see necks breaking and shock faces haha...

Comment

I wouldn't put a type R badge on my cb7. The Type R has nothing to do with being an H22 or a cb7 and it's just going to look liike you shopped at Pep Boys.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              I wouldn't put a type R badge on my cb7. The Type R has nothing to do with being an H22 or a cb7 and it's just going to look liike you shopped at Pep Boys.
              /\ this /\

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

a Type R badge will make you look like a noob since there was no Type R accord. closest thing to a Type R was the Euro R. but don't let us talk you out of it if it's really in your heart. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by 87awwhelznaww92 View Post
                  i honestly want to keep my wagon as a sleeper so im not going to have any badging that can tell what i have.
                  Nobody is gonna know what u have with a badge that say Type R. And 99.9% of these cats out here with these SiR and Type R emblems don't got shit under the hood anyhow. I'm sure some dudes is reppin it and walkin the walk but like I said most of them are not.

Comment

Type R is reserved for something very specific and the Accord just seems out of place with a Type R badge. I wouldn't put the badge on. Now, if you had some Type R wheels..that would look sick!
                    '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

Since you have an EX, you could use a Canadian EX-R badge. That way, you're true-to-trim, and you get the "R."
                      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
                        Since you have an EX, you could use a Canadian EX-R badge. That way, you're true-to-trim, and you get the "R."
                        Thats the samething i was about to say. And if anything you can always get the "DOHC VTEC" decal to put on the lower panel of the rear doors if it's a 4-door or on the lower part on the front of the quarter panel if it's a 2-door.

perfect example of the decals--->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=prime

perfect example of the EX-R badge--->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=EXR

then to spice things up, you can get a spare accord badge and put it in the grill beside the "H" badge like the Euro-R and thats it. Anything else would look kinda . Oh, i just remembered. you can get red honda badges to put on front and back and thats it. Thats the most you can do to make the accord look like it has a sports/racing model or something of the sort other than adding lips (and in my opinion changing the sidekirts to CD5s with mudflaps) and having the OEM spoiler/flushmount. Go figure from there. The last tip i can give you, is to paint your CB frost white with black in the right places like PRIMESNIPERS CB. If its a 9293 you have, i guess you can go full white and paint the grill black. Final thing would be to get type-r rims or euro-r rims.

I hope you do realize i gave you the best way you can make the CB look like it has "type-r" model as you put it and trying to look as OEM as possible. Good luck sir

EDIT: TypeG, a Type-r accord was actually made. Back in 1997, it looks like a cross between a CL1 and a CL7 somewhat *shrugs*. I believe it was was available to Europe only though, i'm not 100% on that. It had the alias of ATR just like ITR and CTR. Had the same H22a as the BB6 type-s and the CL1 Euro-r. Not sure on the CL1 though, due to the different runners on the intake between the BB6 and CL1. LOL sorry
                        Last edited by jamaicancb3; 08-18-2010, 02:49 PM.
                        '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicancb3 View Post
                          EDIT: TypeG, a Type-r accord was actually made.
                          I think he was referring to a CB model Type R (which does not exist). But yeah u are correct Type R Accords were made once upon a time...

Comment

^^

Most definetly a CB version wasn't made. It was suppose to be the "grandma grocery getter to tote the kids around in" as people like to say, haha.
                            '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

f20b

i would only do it if you had an f20b instead of h22

But that's just me.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X