Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha ran into another awesome problem! So I re-did the left headlight using the second one I had bought from the junkyard. Put it all together, it looks pretty decent! Go to put it back on my car and notice the brackets completely snapped off!

This is the part that is broken off on the other the left light:

I'm not quite sure what I should do. Should I sand down the snapped off part, cut off the bracket from my other left light, and bondo/silicon that onto the other light? Or should I just silicon the back of the light to the car? Sounds welfare, but if I ever wanted to switch lights I could just use a blow dryer or some kind of torch to get it off I'm sure. The right side of it still screws in, but the entire left piece completely wobbles.

Any suggestions?

^Clicky for MRT
    Kelowna Rhinoplasty and Gozie.com.

Comment

Well that pic is kinda fuzzy so its hard to tell what the hell that is. But I don't recommend gluing anything to ur car. If it were me I would just go get another headlight from the JY (or that piece that needs to be replaced).

Comment

yeah I don't have a good camera. That was the last light from cb7s at the junkyard haha. Even if I went to get another I don't think I want to blackhouse my 4th headlight -.- lol. I think I might bondo on some strap to both the top and bottom of the plastic part of the headlight and have that strap wrap around one of the bars near the headlight assembly. That should work

^Clicky for MRT

Comment

The ebay projector one on the driving light with a regular high beam look good i may wanna get those for my car or spend the extra money and get JDM cb7 1 pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
            these are ebay too..they're not that bad with hids.

the rest can be seen here:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...71545&page=215
            i got those bad boys, with the chrome housing :] looks and is constructed very close to OEM. glass housing!?!?!? CHECK. nipples!?!?!? VERY MUCH SO. the output with those is pretty good as well. gets my approval.
            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

There's one floating around that's better than the rest. That might be it.

Still, not very good.

However, if you wanted to do a retrofit, those cheap lights are a GREAT platform to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                these are ebay too..they're not that bad with hids.

the rest can be seen here:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...71545&page=215
                holy crap. those are amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  There's one floating around that's better than the rest. That might be it.

Still, not very good.

However, if you wanted to do a retrofit, those cheap lights are a GREAT platform to start with.
                  not very good when you compare it to near/top of the line projectors like a TSX/beamer/S2000, yeah of course

but in its own right, they are very well constructed and i can see very well with them. the people who actually own them can also see very well with them and have given these projectors positive reviews. one such user "loud92cb7" has pictures of output.

why you gotta downplay these underestimated projectors each time a thread involves themmm, deev??? :< lol

and yep, you can totally retro these if you decide to go for higher-end projectors. very good base to work with
                  Last edited by P5ylance; 08-10-2010, 09:20 PM.
                  blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by StreetNewb View Post
                    Alright so I've ordered some ebay tail lights and I'm extremely happy with how clean they look. Anyways, I was looking at my headlights the other day, I was about to blackhouse them until I noticed how screwed they are. There's a massive chip on the left one, and inside the right one, the reflectors look like they have veins =/.

So I found these on ebay from the person I bought the great tail lights from:
                    http://cgi.ebay.ca/90-93-ACCORD-PROJ...item5adad9a637

Anyways I noticed it says 90-93 accord, but they look like 9293 lights? My headlights don't have huge poles sticking out of them so I was wondering if they would actually fit my 91 cb7 or not, any input? Also, I notice I will be switching from 2 pieces to a 1 piece so the 2 top electrical clips must be for the corners, correct?

If you don't think they'll fit I'll just run to the local junkyard and find some half-decent looking headlights to blackhouse.
                    Nooooooooooo dont get those projector they really suck, i had a pair of those even with HID's and they light less than stock

Comment

Yea i would juss stick with oem headlights and blackhouse them, or juss get jdm one piece headlights. Its funny ho u bought the last of the headlights in the jy. My jy has cb7's to last a life time.

Comment

those second lights r freagin shweeet. how to find them things on ebay? i want sum

Comment

Originally posted by h22dude View Post
                          those second lights r freagin shweeet. how to find them things on ebay? i want sum
                          http://cgi.ebay.ca/90-93-HONDA-ACCOR...d|Make%3AHonda

Found 'em . Only thing is that the corners are ugly as skunk but they're 2 piece so I'm sure you could still use your stock ambers. They're cheap too I'm going to buy them for giggles.

^Clicky for MRT

Comment

Working...
                          X