Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Headlights

Alright so I've ordered some ebay tail lights and I'm extremely happy with how clean they look. Anyways, I was looking at my headlights the other day, I was about to blackhouse them until I noticed how screwed they are. There's a massive chip on the left one, and inside the right one, the reflectors look like they have veins =/.

So I found these on ebay from the person I bought the great tail lights from:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/90-93-ACCORD-PROJ...item5adad9a637

Anyways I noticed it says 90-93 accord, but they look like 9293 lights? My headlights don't have huge poles sticking out of them so I was wondering if they would actually fit my 91 cb7 or not, any input? Also, I notice I will be switching from 2 pieces to a 1 piece so the 2 top electrical clips must be for the corners, correct?

If you don't think they'll fit I'll just run to the local junkyard and find some half-decent looking headlights to blackhouse.
    Last edited by StreetNewb; 08-06-2010, 04:38 PM.

^Clicky for MRT
    Kelowna Rhinoplasty and Gozie.com.

dont get those projector headlights. the output sucks if your planning on driving at night

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Oh, alright. Thanks for the input. Definitely want something powerful, and I think the stock lights look way better/less ricey anyways. Junkyard it is!

^Clicky for MRT

Comment

To answer ur question yes they will fit. But like dude said, those are the most ridiculous headlights ever invented IMO so go with what u know and pick some stocks up and blackhouse them like u said. Much better outcome.

Comment

blackhouse your headlights and get hids. youll be much better off.

Comment

If you get HIDs, get a proper HID projector retrofit. TSX projectors are my favorite. HIDs in the stock housings will throw light everywhere... it'll look horrible, draw attention from cops, and worst of all, it will blind oncoming traffic unless you aim them down... which defeats the purpose of having bright lights!

Those cheap projectors give dangerously poor light output, not to mention they make your car look like a 12 year old pieced it together. In 2001, they may have been cool... but today, those lights are laughable.

Also, Ebay doesn't make anything. I always find it amusing when people use "ebay" as a term for a cheap-shit generic part, they know EXACTLY what they're asking. If you need to call it an "ebay" part... assume that the answer from anyone that knows a thing about these cars will be "don't get it".
            It's better to have a handful of quality parts on your car than a whole lot of crap.

Comment

lol sorry, when I refer to ebay I mean no-named pos that looks affordable xD. Anyways I went to the junkyard and found one mint 9091 right side headlight but all the lefts were either broken, taken, or 9293s and a 9293 with a 9091 would look stupid because of the frontal patterns.

I don't know if I should blackhouse the left one anyways even though there's a 2x3cm chip in it. Guess it's better than nothing for now, can just leave those clips undone at the bottom of the car until I find a better headlight haha.

All the OEM headlights on ebay are like $120+ $70 shipping, found some one pieces for $200 + $80 shipping. So I'm thinking about getting anzo projectors for $280 shipped. Anybody know if these are any good?

^Clicky for MRT

Comment

Originally posted by StreetNewb View Post
                So I'm thinking about getting anzo projectors for $280 shipped. Anybody know if these are any good?
                Them Anzo's look identical to the wack ass Ebay one piece projectors. I don't understand why they are so much more expensive. What makes them and the Ebay's so rice is the design. Plus the output suck ass (IDK maybe the Anzo's have a better output but they still look nasty). If ur willing to pay 3 bills for a set of headlights, do what everybody say and just retrofit a set of stocks. Thats ur best bet and prolly cheaper too.

Comment

Yeah I think I'll purchase some one pieces... Just black housed one of my lights and somehow this "special automotive masking tape" left a green residue on part of the darn low beams =[.

^Clicky for MRT

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

these are ebay too..they're not that bad with hids.

the rest can be seen here:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...71545&page=215

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                        these are ebay too..they're not that bad with hids.

the rest can be seen here:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...71545&page=215
                        I use to have a pair of them love the way they look at night

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 dohc
                          I use to have a pair of them love the way they look at night
                          They're not bad for the pics. For pretty much just 1 bill
                          Had to down graded my car..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Ughh tried doing another one, closed it after putting silicon on. Noticed there was a pine needle inside, took it apart again and cleaned off the pine needle. Put it all back together and put it in oven and then after it dried a bit I noticed there was like a gluey residue on the actual glass so I cleaned the outside and noticed it was actually on the inside. I'm just not skilled enough to do any artsy stuff like this lol, who knows what else will go wrong if I try again.

One piece headlights for $260 it is.

^Clicky for MRT

Comment

Originally posted by StreetNewb
                              Ughh tried doing another one, closed it after putting silicon on. Noticed there was a pine needle inside, took it apart again and cleaned off the pine needle. Put it all back together and put it in oven and then after it dried a bit I noticed there was like a gluey residue on the actual glass so I cleaned the outside and noticed it was actually on the inside. I'm just not skilled enough to do any artsy stuff like this lol, who knows what else will go wrong if I try again.

One piece headlights for $260 it is.
                              Just take your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X