Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

These headlights worth the price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These headlights worth the price?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Anzo/018/121048/10002/-1

just wondering if these are worth the price?
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

geez

that is alot , if you reall like the projector thing go for it

Comment

yes, i do see that. But are you aware of the cost for everything needed for a retro kit?.. it's not very far off from the price of those headlight that i wouldnt need to do any work to.
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

DO NOT BUY THESE.

They are not genuine projectors...i had these and bought them for like $30 on ebay.

They look like projectors but theyre not actual projectors.

This is a ginourmous rip off.

Do yourself a favor and peice together a real retrofit.

Buy these for cheap on ebay, reseal them and then do the retrofit.

The most expensive part is the projectors.

Check out this site

http://theretrofitsource.com/

Comment

Same exact ones on ebay for 30 dollars? Man cant believe jegs would sell crap products that sucks.

i want to put HID in my low beam during my retro. which kit would be a good choice on there? (under the complete kits is what im referring to)
          Last edited by buckysaccord93; 08-03-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

but the difference between those headlights and a real retro, its worth spending $400 on a real retro...those cheap projectors are shit, output is shit, and IMO they look like shit...

Personally I dont think those headlights are worth that much, maybe worth $50

I would rather spend that money collecting parts for a retro and doing it myself

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

I'd put the jdm one piece head light lense over it LOL

Comment

not worth more than $30. but if you really like it. well its your money. quality wise its not much different from oem.

Comment

They're for halogen bulbs, and if they're anything like every other halogen projector on the market for our cars, the output will suck. Dangerously so. I was given a set of halogen projector lights for free, and I gave them away for free.

If you put HIDs in them, the beam will suck. You need proper HID projectors.

Honestly, a proper retrofit can be done easily enough with a set of $100 TSX projectors, some epoxy, and a little time and patience. icedplaya123 did his while sitting at work, while IMing me. His are quite possibly the best I have ever seen.

Comment

^^^ exactly.

Just try to find tsx projectors either in a jy or online and then custom fit them into the oem housing or into projector style headlights.

Comment

here is a way to do a real retro for half of what those will cost, do it right man; and actually be able to see the road. Retro done right
                      I got these too, and next weekend should be in.
                      Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                      CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                      Coupe MRT

Comment

they make COMPLETE retrofit kits w/ Bixenon projectors for 275. This won't involve cutting your headlight either. Comes w/ projectors, bulbs, ballasts, and shrouds for projectors. Thats everything you'd need and you'll also have a HID highbeam as well. Look up www.theretrofitsource.com for the Morimoto MINI bixenon projectors, they're as good as my TSX's in light output and have a nice crisp cutoff line.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

The bi-xenon takes extra wiring doesn't it? I heard bi-xenon aftermarket kits are known for failing, true? Tsx with a lense change would be just as good no?

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                            http://www.jegs.com/i/Anzo/018/121048/10002/-1

just wondering if these are worth the price?
                            Yeah, that is a lot. I have a 92 EX coup, and I am about to purchase a Minimoto projector retrofit kit, they are bixenon but I'm not bothering with the high beam wiring since I already have high beams, this will make installation a lot easier . Minimoto's are true projector headlights, most after market ones are not and you actually get less light out of them. I am getting the Minimoto lens, mini gatling shroud, a 50 watt (not your normal 35 watt) HID kit (8000K), with ballasts bulbs and harness for $200, shipped. I am paying an extra $37 for angel eyes. You take out your stock headlights, put them in the oven for 20 min, at 200 degrees to melt the seal, then pry them apart. You then remove the reflector that sits in front of your stock bulbs, and the back of the lens slides right through the stock opening for your headlight bulbs. You can then aim and tighten down the lens. If your interested in taking on a fairly simple project, you get true projectors with HID lighting, and then your legal to have HID headlights. The guy's name is Hahn at sales at 3Bspec.com.
                            Last edited by fly68; 08-07-2010, 12:33 AM. Reason: more accurate information

Comment

with that price you can pick up a nice set of jdm one piece.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X