Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Prelude Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I'm 30. I still say rad.
    Rad will always be in style.

Comment

I have 94' Prelude seats in mine; I didn't do it myself, but I was told that you have to create an extension so that the seat bolts into the original hole in the floorpan otherwise like someone allready said; it could be dangerous. If your in a car accidento and you drilled your own holes or something lazy then your seat could rip out of the floor and with you in it.

Comment

Originally posted by sn000t View Post
        I have 94' Prelude seats in mine; I didn't do it myself, but I was told that you have to create an extension so that the seat bolts into the original hole in the floorpan otherwise like someone allready said; it could be dangerous. If your in a car accidento and you drilled your own holes or something lazy then your seat could rip out of the floor and with you in it.
        That sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BillKisme View Post
          you have to extend the inner bracket out by using 2 sets of 15 washers and longer bolts and you have to bend the outer bracket in the back down so you can bolt it to the floor.
          Agol, take some pics of the washers and show them what I did to make the seats fit in your car.
          using washers and a bolt is weak, the threads of the floor hole are only an inch or so deep and the bolt would have to be at least 4 inches long to fit. at that length about 75 percent or more of the bolt will be outside the treads

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          How strong are these "3 small metal brackets" ?
          solid, even more so than the original seats I find.
          instead of using washers and an extended bolt I took a square pipe 2 by 4 inches and cut a section 2 inches wide than bolted it to the seat mount
          and bolted the other end to the original floor hole.
          for the inside rear mount I used a 2 by 2 square pipe and did the same thing bolted the chair to the new bracket and the new bracket to the floor.
          for the now slightly off positioned front inside bracket i simply drilled two holes in a flat 5 millimeter thick peice of steel and again bolted the seat to the steel and the steel to the floor.

all and all it was relatively simple and the seats are solidly attached no play at all.

Pics up tomorow

^^MRT^^
          THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

those are the buckets for now, if i can remember tomorrow in the day ill take some shots in the cb, there definitely sick as fuck

^^MRT^^
            THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

instead of only using washers i used nuts where i could
              _

Comment

Here are the shots of the seats in my coupe
                fully adjustable no seat belt swap required

^^MRT^^
                THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

Originally posted by doseonekmc View Post

those are the buckets for now, if i can remember tomorrow in the day ill take some shots in the cb, there definitely sick as fuck
                  omfg those ore hot as hell.

Comment

dam man ur seats are sexy lol i need a pair
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Prelude seats ftw!!

Actually the Prelude where that seat came from is Hot

Love Love that generation Prelude

It's so hot i actually have 2 of them!!
                      Rides:

Accord
                      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol