Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$1.50 DIY grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1.50 DIY grille

This is not to hard to do and only takes $1.50 and a trip to your local hardware store! This is my first "how to do" so if I miss something just ask me!

Tools:
    Phillips
    dikes
    line man pliers
    drill
    drill bits
    hammer

This is the gutter guard, you can find it the hardware stores in the "gutter area"

First off Remove the front grille i think there is 6 or 7 screw easy to get to

On the back side of the grille remove all the small screws

Once screws are removed you will have an upper and a lower and the middle

Now its time to cut the gutter guard...you want to place it on the grill so that you have the factory edge of the gutter guard is just below the top of the grille and hanging over on either side of the grill about 3/4 of inch. so all you have to cut is the bottom and one side, make sure to leave the 3/4 over hang

To make it easier to cut the guard you can screw it into place. you may want to drill pilot hole because the stuff your working with is old and brittle! make sure the grill is centered and leaving the over hang on either side and keeping it about 1/8 inch of the top of the grille put a couple screws in.

Make sure to keep your "cuttz" are tight to the screw hole's, check the clearance with the upper and lower pieces that you removed earlier. also go ahead and bend the two sides in.

I hope everything is going as planned

Now that you have everything cut and bent, remove the screws that you put in earlier, now you can start to put it back together. you will be fine tuning as you put the lower part in first, then the upper part. basically your sandwiching the gutter guard...the best way to do it is flip it on its face and get the screws holes lined up and just start the screw dont tight them yet.

Now pinching the main pieces and the lower tight the screws. Doing the same for the upper pieces. snug up the screws and you have it!
    I added the Accord emblem that i got in the junk yard.
    you cant really beat it... for a $1.50 and an hours worth of work not bad!
    let me know if i left something out or how your turned out!

Last edited by tonka9999; 08-01-2010, 10:43 PM.

Looks good. That's one of the better 9293 grilles I've seen. I'm partial to the 9091 grilles

Comment

Mine is done exactly like that. I tried to sell those suckers a few years ago... no takers. That mesh can be SHARP when you cut it! I remember finishing that project looking like I got in a fight with a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
        Looks good. That's one of the better 9293 grilles I've seen. I'm partial to the 9091 grilles
        Thanks man im still thinking about getting after market

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Mine is done exactly like that. I tried to sell those suckers a few years ago... no takers. That mesh can be SHARP when you cut it! I remember finishing that project looking like I got in a fight with a kitten.
          yeah it wasnt two bad that was the second one that i did, the first one didnt wrap into the lights.

Comment

i love this trick only thing is its as old as the hills. im all for old skool tho

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

That's a pretty cool DIY. It looks good. Thanks for the tip man.
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              You're such a dumbass, the world ends on saturday...

Comment

Good DIY. Sides look weird, though. Maybe a little piece of black plastic to create a whole black rectangle around the grille would make it look better.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldwin. View Post
                  Good DIY. Sides look weird, though. Maybe a little piece of black plastic to create a whole black rectangle around the grille would make it look better.
                  yeah im still not sure on that...i might just bend it back out and and tuck it so it has that squared of look. thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by tonka9999 View Post
                    yeah im still not sure on that...i might just bend it back out and and tuck it so it has that squared of look. thanks man
                    No problem. Either way, still looks good.

Comment

looking good, might be even better painted black, silver seem miss match

Comment

sorry, but i can't honestly say i like that look. good job on the money saving effort though.

Comment

good write up and pics man i like it a lot. also what kind of headlights do you have? i really like em? ive been tryna find a pair but i dont know what to search for.

Comment

hellz yea, that looks str8. i did that to but with screen door mesh, and i painted it black n removed cut out the honda symbol

Comment

i did the headlights myself. it only cost like 10 buck in materials and thats it if you want to know how to do it, there a couple of write ups on how. put if you can find it PM me an i will put a write up together. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X