Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rims rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rims rub

i have 205/45/17
    suspension= cut springs and blown shocks
    and my tires are rubbing on the A arms
    is there any way around this besides lifting a bit or getting a lower profile tire?

Originally posted by RDH91Cb View Post
    i have 205/45/17
    suspension= cut springs and blown shocks
    and my tires are rubbing on the A arms
    is there any way around this besides lifting a bit or getting a lower profile tire?
    whats the offset of the wheels?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

im not sure at all i just put the rims on 2 days ago because when i bought the car off my friend he had them sitting since the camber ate up all the tires

Comment

Originally posted by RDH91Cb View Post
        im not sure at all i just put the rims on 2 days ago because when i bought the car off my friend he had them sitting since the camber ate up all the tires
        it'll say the specs on the back of the wheels, behind the face. FWD cars need at least a +40 offset or higher for stock cars. If you're lowered then you might need to roll some fenders. But if its already hitting the control arms then they're probably not going to work, unless you can get away with using a spacer, but if the spacer you need is over 5mm, then get the bolt-on kind for safety.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

what i did notice was when the front was cambered with the rims on it didnt rub on the control arm but once i put the camber kit and adjusted it thats when it started the rubbing 17's and slammed in miami is a bad thing too many pot holes

Comment

Of course... when you adjust the camber, the top of the wheels are brought closer to the fender. Roll your fenders, get narrower tires (though 205 is about as narrow as you want, honestly), or raise your car.

Honestly, replacing that suspension should be your #1 priority. It will fix many problems. Your car is extremely dangerous as it is now, on cut springs and blown shocks.

Comment

+35 offset i checked behind them today i kinda fixed the problem... i was actually trying to make the car camber again for a few days, till i got some springs and going negative on the camber kit actually kept the tires straight still (slight little camber) but i guess pulled the A arm back and is clear from the tire rubbing it. thanks for the help and advice guys.

Comment

You can't eyeball camber...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  You can't eyeball camber...
                  i think its pretty obvious when u look at ur wheels and their slanted in that ur cambering..
                  now if u mean eyeballing the adjustment, if u dont want to go to a shop to get it adjusted u can trial and error till u get it to whatever u like.

Comment

You can't eyeball exact degrees of camber hence why he said that, if it is more than 3* negitive you are gonna fuck up tires, if it is uneven(side to side) you are gonna fuck up tires...
                    Call me Travis.
                    2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                    1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                    1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                    1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Replace your shocks and get a real set of lowering spring, or suck it up and throw stock susp. under there. That and as low as you are, that has to be way to low, odd tire size too, 205/40/17's are nice. Anyways new susp before you kill yourself or somebody else.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                      "The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
                      X