Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HID bulb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID bulb question

So I have very little knowledge on HID so here is my dumb question. I want to buy an HID kit from DDM Tuning and I know you get the 6000k and 35w but what bulb do you get there are all difrent types of bulbs do I get a 9006 or an h1 I'm confused in this part. I have stock headlights if that's something you need to know and Deev already sugested I get some auxilary harness so what am I missing? Thanks

well the HID COMES WITH THE HARNESS, the metal box which supplies the power, THE BULBS AND THE WIRINGS....THE only promblem is what is the model and what legal bulb your getting....i know that for sure 9006 is for 90-93 accord..So just ask the person about the model or else if you get the wrong bulb , it won't tighten or fit in properly also there is a variety of voltage and brightness, the higher the bulb the more you have to upgrade the harness, for example overr 12000k need 65 watt harness each side compare to using a 8000k bulb which is needed only 35 watt harness each side...... 3500k and below is yellow, 4000k to 5000k is plain stock, 6000k is bright white, 8000k is blue, 10000k is dark blue 12000k is over more darker purple....Over 20000k is beyond illegal to sell in canada and can be very dangerous....I don't if your place has a certain focus limit...But if i were you 8000k-10000k is good enough, i wouldn't go over the boundary. OR ELSE COPS WILL PULL YOU.HID ARE A ILLEGAL, SO check if in the book if there is any violation in putting HID , so choose the right bulb..!!!! also if you know how to install, just a tip don't touch the bulbs itself, causing this may put human oil filament, which creating a chance the bulb won't last long

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY
    Last edited by mercyboy; 07-07-2010, 03:33 PM.
    VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

all he is asking about is the headlight bulb number, not a long-winded diatribe about HID conversion kits.

Lakersfan, it's the 9006 bulb for low-beam bulb application. If you have JDM headlights, then it is the H4 bulb.

Here is the full light bulb application guide: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=1183
      Last edited by Nurega; 07-07-2010, 03:43 PM.
      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, I was not sure on the bulbs. Here is another question can you put HIDS in one of those eBay projector lights like just plug and play or is it alot of work to do it on those type of headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
          well the HID COMES WITH THE HARNESS, the metal box which supplies the power, THE BULBS AND THE WIRINGS....THE only promblem is what is the model and what legal bulb your getting....i know that for sure 9006 is for 90-93 accord..So just ask the person about the model or else if you get the wrong bulb , it won't tighten or fit in properly also there is a variety of voltage and brightness, the higher the bulb the more you have to upgrade the harness, for example overr 12000k need 65 watt harness each side compare to using a 8000k bulb which is needed only 35 watt harness each side...... 3500k and below is yellow, 4000k to 5000k is plain stock, 6000k is bright white, 8000k is blue, 10000k is dark blue 12000k is over more darker purple....Over 20000k is beyond illegal to sell in canada and can be very dangerous....I don't if your place has a certain focus limit...But if i were you 8000k-10000k is good enough, i wouldn't go over the boundary. OR ELSE COPS WILL PULL YOU.HID ARE A ILLEGAL, SO check if in the book if there is any violation in putting HID , so choose the right bulb..!!!! also if you know how to install, just a tip don't touch the bulbs itself, causing this may put human oil filament, which creating a chance the bulb won't last long

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY
          TONS of misinformation here....The best light output is at 4300K...anything over and your loosing USABLE light.....in other words 8000K will look brighter to someone coming at you...but it will produce less light that will actually be able to be used for you to see......4300K is actually plain white and 5000K is blueish....8000K is more purple...ect.

The Kelvin rating has nothing to do with wattages....but for our cars do not go over 35w....The wattage rating is only rated at when the HIDs are up and running....when initially turned on HIDs can draw upwards of 80 watts.....you DO NOT want to go high on the wattage scale as the cb7s wiring is old and high wattage systems will only increase the strain on wires that were never designed to handle it.

Dont talk out of your ass and spread misinformation....the only thing you got correct was to not touch the bulb.

But to answer your second question lakersdude....If the projectors take a stock accord bulb (9005 or whatever) then it will take the same HID bulb....shouldnt be any harder....tho I have no experience with them as the only projectors worth fucking around with (only HID system really) are legit ones outta cars like TSXs and the like.
          Last edited by King James; 07-07-2010, 04:25 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Thanks KING so will this set up work 6000k,35 watt, 9006 bulb on my stock headlights. Have been reading all these threads on HIDS on alot of people seem to be running these 6000k because they look white and actually produce light and the 8000k are just blueish and don't have good visibilty. I just want to make sure I can see at night and obiously look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakersfan24 View Post
              Thanks KING so will this set up work 6000k,35 watt, 9006 bulb on my stock headlights. Have been reading all these threads on HIDS on alot of people seem to be running these 6000k because they look white and actually produce light and the 8000k are just blueish and don't have good visibilty. I just want to make sure I can see at night and obiously look good.
              That's prolly what I would do too. 6k sounds right.
              Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

(ebay H.I.D's)This is how the 6k looks on my car. its good for looks but it kinda sucks driving at night. it doesn't really cover a lot of ground in the front.

Comment

55w kit on stock harness. No problems. haters gonna hate.
                  wat?

Comment

Your 6000k's look bluer than my 8000k's. How the heck does that happen lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Kile Mcgile View Post
                      Your 6000k's look bluer than my 8000k's. How the heck does that happen lmao.
                      Are you running 55W?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                      X