Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bare Metal CB7's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok here is my thought, even if you clear coat bare metal is there really any way to protect it for daily driving with rain (here in seattle) or the 120 degree heat in like arizona? Or even something like northeast hail?

Comment

dont know if thats a bar metal one, but thats about as shiny as the M3 in the picture above.

Comment

that shit is sick....is that ludacris lol

Comment

if you have enough money to chrome every metal exterior piece of your car...then you have no worries.

Is this a DIY sort of question or paying someone else? If you can afford to actually pay someone to do this to your car you are rollin' and the difficulties will all melt away with the flow of cash.

But for a diy...all chrome is not the way to go..unless you own a massive chroming shop
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
            Has anyone seen any CB7's with a bare metal finish? I'm wondering how it would look. Kinda like a better looking DeLorean.

I assume the only way it would work is if you sprayed clear over the metal once you were done sanding everything down.

Any thoughts or opinions on how this would look?
            thay look like hell, a buddy of mine tryed to clear over bare on his cb7. dont look good .. if i can run him down i will send pic's. I know he ant drivein' it tho
            Last edited by Evil_cb7; 06-21-2010, 06:30 AM. Reason: happy, happy, joy, joy

Comment

you would have to polish the metal for it to look good.

Deloreans are brushed stainless steel iirc...our cb's do not have such metal finishes....I have some paint flaking off and the metal is very very gray and dull...and that certainly would not look good...I would imagine it would be similar to flat gray finish.
              ____

Comment

Working...
              X