Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Extending Hood To Fit Over Headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extending Hood To Fit Over Headlights?

Ok Ya'll I Just Spent The Last 36 hours straight thinking planning and drawing up designs about how i would do this.... I wanted to know does anybody on here know how i would go about cutting and extending the front of my hood to fit over my headlights... I know this can be done because ive seen pictures of a candy red cb7 over seas on another forum somewhere.. i jst cant remember where. so if anybody has any info please let me know. i dont really care what the cost is or what the time involved.. ive done worse. lol.

and please positive comments only... i dnt feel like hearing anybody's random bullshit about "why would i wanna do this?" or whatever.. Thanks Ya'll.
    PEACE IM OUT... :OES RICAHRD NIXON POSE::
    But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me

this is what i would do take a strip of metal and form it the way you would like round off corners etc. then weld the pieces on sand down to make a flush application then off to paint this is what i would do you could use bondo but bondo would most likely break when the hood is slammed
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Comment

Im not following what you wanna do...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Basically what im trying to do is make sheet metal eyelids that go over the headlights when you close the hood. ive seen it done on tons of VW's and one cb7 over in europe somewhere i think the guy was from Germany or somewhere out that way..

And yes i that sounds like a really good idea man thank you. i would just have to make it flare out a little bit so it doesnt come in contact with the headlights but if anything ill weld the metal in, grind it down and then use fiberglass filler over top of that to make it stronger and hold it without it cracking. thanks for the input bro.
        But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me

Comment

i know i've seen it done on here. just can't remember who did it .later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

on a vw its called a boser hood, very very clean and looks f-in sick. you should do it, it could be done with some carefull plannning, and cutting

Comment

YES 91HONDAACCORDLX!!!!! Thank you!!!! that was what i was trying to explain. lol. it is sick. i would post a picture on here if i knew how to. lol

Comment

good luck
                Originally posted by deevergote
                wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

my hood already covers the headlights...... since i wrecked lol i
                  CB7_HULK SMASH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7_Hulk View Post
                    Haha, now thats a sig quote right there!

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7_Hulk View Post
                      Cb7_HULK SMASH!!! lmao. im sorry bro i had to say it. lol. Im sorry to hear you wrecked your ride bro. i hope its not totaled man.

Comment

o hey this is jus an idea but you could also make the grill to be part of the hood since your going custom make a custom grill sort of like the way some lincolns have. jus an idea
                        I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by jjhdz89 View Post
                          o hey this is jus an idea but you could also make the grill to be part of the hood since your going custom make a custom grill sort of like the way some lincolns have. jus an idea
                          Haha yeah man i know exactly what you mean.. my old 01' lincoln LS had the same hood/grille set up.. i loved it but i wanna do something like sectioning the grille so it tucks right behind the hood and doesnt mess anything up. lol. and plus i always had this strange feeling with that lincoln hood setup that if it came down it would like chop my head off or some shit. lol. so i think ill stick with the boser-replica hood for right now. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaranger84 View Post
                            Haha yeah man i know exactly what you mean.. my old 01' lincoln LS had the same hood/grille set up.. i loved it but i wanna do something like sectioning the grille so it tucks right behind the hood and doesnt mess anything up. lol. and plus i always had this strange feeling with that lincoln hood setup that if it came down it would like chop my head off or some shit. lol. so i think ill stick with the boser-replica hood for right now. lol
                            haha yea i know what you mean my navigator when id work on it i felt as if i had my head in a guillotine but that sectioning the grill sounds sweet you gotta post pics once ya do it

Comment

yeah im thinking about just cutting about an inch out of the back of the center of the grille and then plastic-welding it back together using zip ties and a soldering iron. lol. so that should solve my grille clearance issues. lmao... and its funny what you said about the navigator... lmao.. i used to think the same thing. lol. but i will post it as soon as i start working on it soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X