Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM Center console armrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Center console armrest

Curious, I can't find any info on this, but judging by the way it looks I assume some type of modification is necessary to get the ebrake handle to fit through the slot. Yes? No? I may have found one at a good price..

And as far as removing the armrest attached to my drivers seat, does it have an ugly look to the side of it once removed? If so, does the new armrest cover the uglyness?
    '93 LX Coupe

going off of what i've seen others say...

I still dont see how the hell you fit them into 9293s with the off-center ebrake..

The holes are there on the frame. All you've gotta do is unscrew the ebrake and shift it over! You may have to add washers or re-tap the holes.
    sounds easy enough, lol. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

1. Pull out center console.
      Note: Make a note of how the ebrake tensioner is setup so you can put it back together.
      2. Loosen ebrake up with tensioner bolt. (Go slow as to not lose pcs)
      3. Remove 2 bolts holding ebrake down.
      4. Enlarge 2 mounting wholes on ebrake
      (There are 2 more wholes to the left of original mounting spots for center location)
      5. Use Washers and original bolts, remount ebrake.
      6. Tighten ebrake tensioner bolt.
      7. Install new center console.

These were my steps, and now loving life, as the prelude seats had ZERO armrest!
      Now I just need a new armrest cover!

MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

eyyy drummer, use "Rit" dye and dye your armrest cover black! I just died it black with rit and it's hella clean now. i'll post pics up of my install hopefully soon, i just finished making my console black.

unfortunately, my center threads aren't threaded :[ i gotta do it myself.
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
          1. Pull out center console.
          Note: Make a note of how the ebrake tensioner is setup so you can put it back together.
          2. Loosen ebrake up with tensioner bolt. (Go slow as to not lose pcs)
          3. Remove 2 bolts holding ebrake down.
          4. Enlarge 2 mounting wholes on ebrake
          (There are 2 more wholes to the left of original mounting spots for center location)
          5. Use Washers and original bolts, remount ebrake.
          6. Tighten ebrake tensioner bolt.
          7. Install new center console.

These were my steps, and now loving life, as the prelude seats had ZERO armrest!
          Now I just need a new armrest cover!

prelude seats, nice, sorry to whore up thread but i like the style is it hard?

Comment

was not that complicated. lil drilling and voila, done!

as far as dying the armrest, no thank you, I do not believe in dye.
            Gotta wear nice clothes to work, and in no way am I considering having dye get onto my clothing by some off chance.

The probability is low, but low is too high. If that makes sense.
            Plus trading it for a tan one this weekend! with a nice colored aremrest!
            so no worries there. My interior is tan, so it will match better.
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

ahh fasho drummer i gotcha

I made sure when i dyed it, i rinsed it until the water became clear, and then i washed it with detergent and rinsed it again and kept doing that until that water was crystal clear. then i let it dry in the sun for 2 days, hahaha so i think i'll be okay. they gotta get that color into the fabric somehow!

sick score on the tan armrest!!

what size thread did you tap the holes with?
              blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

I did not tap any holes.
                My holes were already there.
                I just had to enlarge the hole son the ebrake itself for mounting.
                I enlarged the hole sthen used washers.

My car already had holes in the center area, I just used those.
                The armrest does not line up perfectly in the middle, but it is perfect for my needs. It sits a lil closer to the passenger seat.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                X