Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HID Lights

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The higher the K rating , the lower the output.
    I'd go 6K tops.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Ive got 6000k and I like the blueish hue to the lights. the higher you get the lower the output which means the lower the visibility. so if you want a really blue light the 8000k would be fine but the higher you go its basically just all colored lights. 4300k is like OEM on mercedes and lexus and is really bright light. same with 5000k. those are the brightest two. 3000k is great for foglights. so imo get 4300k, 5000k, or 6000k. hopefully you have projectors they will make the output better than standard reflectors and wont blind people.

Comment

basically lower output means less light given off. I think 6000k looks the best because it looks blue without losing all the brightness of 5000k. and if you want to blind people then go ahead and do so but your gonna get high beamed like crazy and might get pulled over by police.

Comment

I have the 6k in the ebay projectors and despite all those that hate them I like them and it would give you more directed light on the road. so maybe go with a retrofit or get the ebay one piece or the two piece with the projector style low beam

Comment

that kit is fine. the majority of the people on here will want you to retrofit your stocks with some projectors that use d2s bulbs. like some tsx or s2k projectors. then get an hid setup for that. but if you're on a budget then getting some hids and sticking them in your stocks will be fine. just a fair warning u might get pulled over for all that glare.

Comment

personally yes. depends on how bright you want the lights to be to. i like my 6k a lot because of the blue hue that comes out of them. anything more than that is just a waste imo. so check out 4300k 5k and 6k look at them for different applications and see which one suits your needs.

Comment

then id say 6k and toss them in some projectors. either a retrofit or on a budget ebay projectors

Comment

Originally posted by Gmoney707 View Post
                  Hey peoplezzz, I want to get Xenon HID lights since their only like 70 bucks , I was wondering wat "Kelvin" i should get 8000 12000 3000 etc.. I just want the ones that look goooood so wat color do you guys think i shoud go with??
                  Is this crystal mall by anychance.....Lol...Cause i only got 8000k...Oh here in vancouver 12000k will make you get pulled over by cops...Turst mee
                  VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                  1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                  MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Well, if you insist on getting HID, you don't have to pay 70 dollars at least.
                    http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...d=102&parent=0
                    29.95 plus shipping. It is so stupid how cheap HID's are now. Entire retrofits cost less now than just HID kits did a couple years ago.

My 6th gen accord thread
                    99 Miata

Comment

dont get anything above 6k....

Comment

Originally posted by Gmoney707 View Post
                        Why man ?
                        Because anything above 6k and you can't see anything at night. Trust me, I have ridden in cars with 8k and even at 8k, you are straining to see anything.

My 6th gen accord thread
                        99 Miata

Comment

i have 55w 5k and 35w 6k and i wouldent go above 6k i think its perfect......
                          if its for show do whatever but the output sucks the higher you go

Comment

no it looks like crap.... thats why most of us on here have them
                            watch the video
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD4_RFN6fJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMkf79q7sIM

Comment

you will need two sets 9005 and 9006
                              ddmtuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
                                you will need two sets 9005 and 9006
                                ddmtuning.com
                                I would suggest you not use HID in your high beam bulbs, 9005. Due to the simple fact that hotstriking ( turning bulbs on after they have been on without proper time to cool off) will severely damage the bulbs. HID bulbs use and arc to emit light and the electrodes wear down prematurely when you turn them on and off repeatedly. Since high beams are turned on and off quite frequently, they probably won't last long.

My 6th gen accord thread
                                99 Miata

Comment

Working...
                                X