Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have good news. My buddy that has the leather said if I find clean blue parts then I can swapm out and leasthers are mine. Chances on clean blue interrior being found? All he has in leather is backseat all doorpanels and the black window sil

Comment

Do those companies kits slide on or need upholsterd on? Ill checkm out tonight

Comment

Black and tan leather are the most common CB colors. Blue and red are very rare and hard to find. I suggest sticking with tan or black. Im not sure of exact colors, but most of the CD(94-97) Accords ive seen with leather have been tan or grey. As TypeG said, those seats bolt right in with little to no modification.

I would call some upholstery shops and just ask them how much they'd charge do redo your seats in leather. Maybe not even REAL leather, get pleather; it wont crack or fade with age.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

That's true and sounds like an even better route. Id hate to dumb a ton of money into the interrior just to have it fade and crack but my windows look like someone literaly spray paintd them lol

Comment

junk yard man! i found some nice leather seats from an 5th gen for $150 (pass and driver seats) might go today and pick em up

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
            When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Does 5th gen full interrior bolt in or just the seats?

Comment

Justthe seats.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Much appreciated for the shared knowledge

Comment

OEM leather is pretty beat by this point. Factory leather (SE only) or an aftermarket dealer install (if it was done by a dealer, it didn't "come" with leather... the dealer removed the factory cloth and replaced it with leather... no different than if you did it as a private owner.) Honda leather seems to be of lesser quality than many other brands anyway. I've seen black leather in a 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 that looked perfect (a few of them, actually...) and I've only seen 1 or 2 original leather equipped CB7s that weren't trashed.

The best option is to get aftermarket covers, such as Katzkin. That brand in particular is very high quality, and I think some dealers even use it for their installs. They do require some care to install... seat upholstery is actually fairly complicated (I learned this the hard way, when I took my 3rd gen Accord's seat apart... lots of metal rings, springs, clips, etc...)
                    If I requpholstered my car, I'd pay to have it done professionally. It looks like a TON of work, and if I mess it up, I'm screwed.

Comment

Thanks too and I prolly will have it professionaly installed. I'm a diy mechanic but I've found out when someone says they'll pay to have it done to do it. I love wiring and I'm currently wiring a rb26 into a 96 240. Well short story. My buddy said just buy a harness I said hell no and needlessly I've been doing the wiring for 2months and I just figured out another problem so I shoulda bought the harness to start with... thanks for the info tho katskinz I'm gunna look it up

Comment

Is leather panels still decent or can I find black interrior and put leather inserts in them?

Comment

The panels should still be decent, as they aren't really in a place to be worn out. Just make sure they match the seats! Recovering is always an option as well.

The only black interiors were in the 91 SE sedan (Solaris Silver), and the 91 DX coupe (Pheonix Red)

Comment

Seeing a dx with leather would prolly make me dirty my self. Base model with an amazing interrior lol

Comment

Well, what Deevis forgot to tell you is that the 91 SE had black LEATHER. The 92 DX was black CLOTH.

Comment

But, yes, a DX with black leather would be choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X