Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats the cheapest good camber kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh?
    90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
      convert to 5 lug, and you wont need a camber kit.
      I'm not understanding what having a 5 lug conversion has to do with camber...

Comment

The more experienced members in previous posts have leaned towards SPC and Ingalls camber correction kits. They are correct. Do not cheap out on critical suspension pieces.
        I will add one more option that Deevergote often raves about. TasAuto sells a front upper control arm with a pre-installed Ingalls ball joint kit. Here is one of his old posts below:

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I would get the TASauto front upper control arm. It's an Ingalls ball joint kit in a brand new control arm, complete with poly bushings. Personally, I don't trust pressing out the stock ball joint to install a ball joint camber kit, so replaceing the stock arms with more stock arms if you want a camber kit could be pointless.

Rear stuff, I think Ingalls and Megan Racing both made decent products. Or you could just replace the bushings and do the "washer trick" for camber correction.
        It's definitely more expensive, but for the safety of you, your passengers, and others on the road, please don't cheap out with eBay crap.
        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
          I think Mike (deev) has mentioned that his experience with that company was far from satisfactory. I've heard it from others as well, but I have no personal experience with that brand, so I can't speak from my own opinion as knowledge on them.

You might be able to get away with dropping the front of her down a couple inches, getting an alignment, and making sure your toe is in check..and waiting to see if you're going to need camber correction or not. I've been dropped just a little over 2" front/rear before and never needed a kit. You could then potentially go with an adjustable rear UCA like a Megan unit for the rear if you want to go 3".
          Dropzone is the company that nearly killed me.

DO NOT get a cheap camber kit. Ingalls and SPC are the ONLY companies I would trust. Honestly, the TASauto upper control arm (equipped with an Ingalls ball joint style camber kit already installed) is all I would really suggest. It's not cheap, but it's well worth the price (and for what you get, it's a good deal)

If a camber kit breaks, either the ball joint or anchor bolt style, it will be no different than the OEM ball joint failing. You WILL crash.

The difference is a couple hundred bucks at most. An accident will cost you far more than that... if it doesn't kill you. Save your money to do it right. Actually... don't save. Do it NOW, that way you aren't spending an unnecessary $300+ on new tires as well!

Comment

I have the ingalls and absolutely hate them. It constantly hits the top of my wheel well. I'm not dropped that low and I'm riding on teins basics.

As referring to the 5 lug, If you go the prelude front, its supposed to correct your camber when dropped. The Odyssey does nothing for camber issues.

I need a good reliable anchor set of camber kit which no one makes. I'm thinking about just taking out the ingall ball joint and putting in a stock ball joint. Camber is that bad on the car but the front butter flies enough where I get irritated.

Comment

idk about any camber kits
              if you get an alignment and toe fixed you should be good to go
              my car is slammed all the way on coilovers
              i have stock wheels/stock tire recommendation 195/60/15
              my camber is super negative but surprisingly my tires arent wearing at all
              ive been lowered for 2 months+ and my tires barely show wear
              idk if its my tires or just the stock offset prevents camber but my tires are good for another 3 months
              -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                I have the ingalls and absolutely hate them. It constantly hits the top of my wheel well. I'm not dropped that low and I'm riding on teins basics.

As referring to the 5 lug, If you go the prelude front, its supposed to correct your camber when dropped. The Odyssey does nothing for camber issues.

I need a good reliable anchor set of camber kit which no one makes. I'm thinking about just taking out the ingall ball joint and putting in a stock ball joint. Camber is that bad on the car but the front butter flies enough where I get irritated.
                The hitting has NOTHING to do with the camber kit. It has everything to do with the geometry of the Accord suspension. The control arm has to be moved outward to correct the camber. ANY camber correction will do this. If you don't want to hit, bang out the area of the fenderwell where it hits.

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
                idk about any camber kits
                if you get an alignment and toe fixed you should be good to go
                my car is slammed all the way on coilovers
                i have stock wheels/stock tire recommendation 195/60/15
                my camber is super negative but surprisingly my tires arent wearing at all
                ive been lowered for 2 months+ and my tires barely show wear
                idk if its my tires or just the stock offset prevents camber but my tires are good for another 3 months

If you are riding on the inside edges of your tires, you are wearing them prematurely. That's fact. It cannot be changed.

Yes, getting your toe aligned will definitely help your tires live longer, but you should ALWAYS do that anyway! Toe and camber are two completely different angles.

Your tires are wearing, don't worry. If they would normally last 50,000 miles, you'll get maybe 25,000 out of them with mild camber left uncorrected. Take a wheel off after about 8,000 miles, look at the tire... the wear will be noticeable at that point, I assure you.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                  I have the ingalls and absolutely hate them. It constantly hits the top of my wheel well.
                  U must not have a lot of experience with camber kits on CB's. Thats always gonna happen regardless of what kit or brand. There are ways to remedy that tho...

Comment

A good whackin' with a ball peen hammer will do the trick. Just have to make sure the impact area is repainted, or you could be looking at rust.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      A good whackin' with a ball peen hammer will do the trick. Just have to make sure the impact area is repainted, or you could be looking at rust.
                      The best remedy IMO.

Comment

personally, reliable companies should be first on your list even though they are expensive but if your working on a budget i kno a handful of guys with civic/integra that have nothing but EBAY PRODUCTS on their car and they beat on them nearly everyday and so far i havent heard of any of them killing themselves or getting into accidents.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                          personally, reliable companies should be first on your list even though they are expensive but if your working on a budget i kno a handful of guys with civic/integra that have nothing but EBAY PRODUCTS on their car and they beat on them nearly everyday and so far i havent heard of any of them killing themselves or getting into accidents.
                          I'd rather not trust my life to a cheap product based on the luck of a few. A lot of people do heroin and don't die... but I'm sure as hell not going to try that myself either!

I've had a cheap camber kit. I'm not talking from some high-and-mighty "I only buy expensive parts" standpoint. When I tell someone not to get a cheap camber kit, it's because I've been there. There was about 1/8" of metal remaining, keeping me from ending up landing upside down and on fire in a ditch at 65mph. One side failed completely. The other side was barely hanging on. If that let go, I'd have been dead.

Was that worth saving $100? I REALLY don't think my life is worth $100...

if you can't do it right, don't do it at all. Suspension, brakes, tires, lights... these things are imperative to your safety. If you want to buy cheap parts, buy them for your motor... at least if that blows up, you won't die.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                            U must not have a lot of experience with camber kits on CB's. Thats always gonna happen regardless of what kit or brand. There are ways to remedy that tho...
                            Its not that I don't have experience. The upper control arm sits so far up when lowered, that big ass nut on top doesn't help. With the stock ball joint, it doesn't hit the frame since there is no big nut.

See how big that nut is.

The other option is to get anchor kits. Where it'll actually push the control arm out ward.
                            Last edited by jimy; 04-26-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

yea there are alot on ebay but the seem kind of cheap and sketchey

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                                yea there are alot on ebay but the seem kind of cheap and sketchey
                                Quit post whoring. If you don't have something useful to say, don't post.

Comment

Working...
                                X