Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats the cheapest good camber kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the cheapest good camber kit?

Ill keep this short.
    Whats the name of a good cheap camber kit?
    Any on ebay?
    I have coilover sleeves and new shocks ready for this.
    Anything else I need to get it lowered right?

Ok the reason for me asking about cheap ones is I dont have a lot of money to spend right now. I just restored my motor as in all new seal, gaskets, bearings, belts, polished everything, new sensors, new cooling fan timer unit, new water pump, and etc. Anyway the RodRuns are coming up really soon and I would like to get my car lowered before I go. Just in case you guys need to know I want to lower it about 2 inchs in the front and 3 in the rear, and my wheels are 18s. They r the sporty wheels not the gangster ones. I even put the Honda center caps in them so they look stock sorta.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

I personally wouldn't trust anything suspension-wise to just any ebay no-name seller.

Progress makes great products. Check them out. I saw a F+R kit on buyitnow last time I was on ebay a month ago. Can't remember how much right now, but it wasn't too outrageously priced. If they are in fact too pricey, I think Megan makes kits for our cars don't they? you could look into them if they do

life is good.

Comment

What about the brand OBX are they any good?
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

I think Mike (deev) has mentioned that his experience with that company was far from satisfactory. I've heard it from others as well, but I have no personal experience with that brand, so I can't speak from my own opinion as knowledge on them.

You might be able to get away with dropping the front of her down a couple inches, getting an alignment, and making sure your toe is in check..and waiting to see if you're going to need camber correction or not. I've been dropped just a little over 2" front/rear before and never needed a kit. You could then potentially go with an adjustable rear UCA like a Megan unit for the rear if you want to go 3".

life is good.

Comment

2" in the front, 3" in the rear? typically you want your front end a LITTLE lower in the front, and our front ends sit quite high in stock form.

if you only go about 2" i wouldn't worry about a camber kit, though. i have -1.6" in the rear and -1.8" in the front. i hate to say it, but i haven't even had an alignment since installing my suspension/wheels/tires and my tires still show very little wear after half a year and many, many miles. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULDN'T GET AN ALIGNMENT. i just got lucky. your toe in/out is a much bigger enemy than camber.
          90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

save the cash and do it right.
            ingalls or spc...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
              save the cash and do it right.
              ingalls or spc...
              Was just about to say this.
              1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
              CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
              PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

i was looking at these. ?
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories
                Last edited by XINSANEJDMX; 04-11-2010, 12:20 PM.

"Times keep changing, from rice, to jdm, Tucking to Flushing"
                93Civichttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160321
                92Accordhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158283SOLD!

Comment

possible that they could be alright, but i wouldn't ever chance it.
                  90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

I got mine on ebay.

Comment

I personally WOULD NOT trust my life on a cheap part that mostly hold the main component of the suspension system. They are cheap , yes. However , are you willing to put your life on the line that's $80 , never had field tests and lack of research and developement. If those breaks , you'll never know what will happen. SPC or Ingalls , otherwise don't buy cheap stuff , NEVER.
                      EXTERMINATE ALL MUFFINS!

I WANT YOU! TO JOIN THE CAKE MILITARY SERVICE.
                      DO YOUR PART! FOR YOUR SWEET-TOOTH!

Comment

DO not buy the adjustale kit that takes place of the upper control arm bushings.Yor upper conrtol arms will hit your body if your slamed and it will tear some stuff up.//////////
                        Only give advice when I know or have done it and it worked

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteGhost View Post
                          DO not buy the adjustale kit that takes place of the upper control arm bushings.Yor upper conrtol arms will hit your body if your slamed and it will tear some stuff up.//////////
                          Annnnnd, there-in lies my problem ...
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158737

Thanks Ghost .. nice first post, and welcome to CB7T ...
                          Amazing what one can find when they *search* .. lol!

After reading that link up there ^ .... I have the Ingalls camber kit .. yes,
                          the ones where they replace the upper control arm bushings .. which of course,
                          have their own nice lil bushings .. and I was told they were just fine ..
                          Nevertheless .. I'll be air-hammering the inside of my wheel-wells, to make these work ..

Fun no? nooo

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteGhost View Post
                            Ur always gonna have a problem with the UCA hitting. Thats all part of having a camber kit on a CB. Just take a hammer a bang out the inner wheel well.

If u want a less expensive camber kit get the anchor bolt style. As for the rears, just use washers. Costs about 2 bucks.

Comment

convert to 5 lug, and you wont need a camber kit
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                              X