Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clear coat/spray paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clear coat/spray paint

i am painting my car with spray paint and am wonderingenuity if i should clear coat it..the hood is satin black and the car will be a dark(not to dark) green from tremclad
    92 Accord EX - SOLD

PSN: REDxMAN-_-

MR===>http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146478

i would clear coat it. it will definatly help it to look better in the end good luck

Comment

Yesss. Def clear coat it. AND post lots of pics!

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
      "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

yess than get a lip and exhaust and do all that stuff your engine looks clean

Comment

i got a new kodak 10.2 megapixel cam i've been taking lots of photos lol. i just dont have my comp hooked the the internet right now im on the internet with my nintendo wii and clear coat it is...i want to get the volvo lip that you have and i'm probably just going to do an axle back with 2.25" to a fireball muffler.
          92 Accord EX - SOLD

Comment

You don't have to clear it, but if you do it will help give it a little more shine and also UV protection to keep from fading.

Remember when rattle canning, nice smooth lines and overlap each line by half. 2 coats will usually do you good enough to have everything covered well. Also spray 1 panel at a time. If you're doing a fender, dont spray along the fender and onto the door. Just concentrate on each panel and the end result will luck much better.

Good luck!

Comment

yes volvo lips all the way!!! you need a hook up for it?

Comment

I know guys that double coated their rides with a rattle can, let it cure for a month, used rubbing compound on it, washed and dried it, then sprayed the clear coat. You couldn't tell it wasn't a professional job from 3 feet away.

I don't think I'd clear coat your satin hood unless you can fnid a satin clear.

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
                  yes volvo lips all the way!!! you need a hook up for it?
                  i have no money for one lol

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  Remember when rattle canning, nice smooth lines and overlap each line by half. 2 coats will usually do you good enough to have everything covered well. Also spray 1 panel at a time. If you're doing a fender, dont spray along the fender and onto the door. Just concentrate on each panel and the end result will luck much better.

Good luck!
                  thats what i planned on doing... it might take me a while so ill have to do panel at a time
                  92 Accord EX - SOLD

Comment

than go to a junkyard and pick up a lip!

Comment

Yay I'm not the only one with a stock accord on my hands....but yea clear it def helps... I'm doin my caar that way
                      Team FTW
                      Flat Blak cb7
                      Summer 2010

Comment

For reference, here are a few rattle can jobs I have done in the past. All of these cost under $150 in paint and material.

Painted the lower half grey, split with 1/4" vinyl pinstripe

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

BTW, I sold the red truck above back in October and I still see it driving around daily and the paint still looks just as good
                        Just some motivation for ya

Comment

Got to say they dont look bad from what I can tell. Keep up the good work. Did you do all those with a spray can or did you use a spray gun on some of them? Ive done a few rattle can jobs before and if you know what your doing they dont turn out as bad as eveyone makes it out to be.
                          How hard do you have to squeeze a baby to make baby oil?
                          H23 motor-H22 trans
                          Advance Auto Parts Retail Parts

Comment

Every single one of those was all rattle can. Hell, on my Accord, the front bumper,hood,left fender,left rear door and trunk lid are all rattle canned too.

Comment

Rattle can

props all of them turned out soo clean keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                              X