Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

anyone cut there springs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone cut there springs?

yea yea yea i know you dont recommend it idc its my car not yours...

is there a DIY in the web somewhere i tried looking but couldnt find anything.
    i wanna cut my springs but just want some tips, pics would be good.

p.s. i tired of my cb7 looking so high

Originally posted by 809king View Post
    yea yea yea i know you dont recommend it idc its my car not yours...

is there a DIY in the web somewhere i tried looking but couldnt find anything.
    i wanna cut my springs but just want some tips, pics would be good.

p.s. i tired of my cb7 looking so high
    Step 1: Remove spring from vehicle
    Step 2: Put spring in chop saw and cut off desired number of coils
    Step 3: Put springs back on vehicle
    Step 4: Have a seizure from the terrible ride and die in a car wreck because your entire suspension is compromised.

p.s. I'm tired of people doing things like this
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So,why dont you do it the safe and proper way and buy struts and springs?

Don't look at me to tell you how to cut your springs because I don't want to be responsible for your and other road users safety.

Comment

you know for only 49.98 you can go with these generic looking things

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-...Q5fAccessories

and it would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much safer than cutting your oem springs, you dont HAVE to change the struts

i have a lifetime warranty at autozone for all four of my direct replacement gabriel struts, and they honor it every time because my best friend is a store manger there

it seems you are just trying to save money by not buying springs, if thats the case get ready to front up money for new tires every year or two, because your tires will not wear evenly if you drop the car. you need to buy a camber kit. sure cutting springs is the easy, and presumably cheaper way to drop your ride, but there is so much more involved in dropping your ride.

i imagine the adjusted cost of cutting your springs, assuming thats the only thing you intend to do, (presumably to save money) will cost you 600 dollars over a two year period, more than if you actually left your car where it is and or dropped it properly
        Last edited by KB7; 02-15-2010, 09:51 PM.
        _

Comment

If you are too poor to afford proper suspension, then don't modify it.
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

2.5 coils in the front
            1.3 coils in the rear

is what you have to cut
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

its your car not ours, and the person you kill when the rear unloads too hard around a sharp corner and your front end flies around too late at 45mph, was someone elses child/father/mother/son/daughter and then YOUR CAR, becomes THEIR PROBLEM.

way to be inconsiderate.

and for the record, i rode in a plymouth with cut springs today, it rides like a mechanical bull. if you like the metal rods shoved up your ass every time you run over a pebble, go ahead, it's not my ass.

Comment

I just say no to cut springs because I've owned enough lowered trucks to know that the ride is absolutely horrible, especially when you're talking torsion bar front suspension and leaf spring rears with lowering blocks.

That shit IS a mechanical bull. I don't know how my insides aren't broken after 3 years of driving around in slammed trucks.

I want to drop my Accord and sure,I could do it quickly and easily by chopping my springs, but it isn't safe and it causes more problems in the long run, so I'm saving up to do it right. I don't like driving haggard jalopies, and I've driven quite a few of those.

Comment

then just buy some springs for like 4100 or try ebay but dont be cheap or ghetto and cut the factory springs you will bounce all over the place and look like a clown in the process,

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

damn you ppl got to be so "safe/scared" im goin to cut them anyways and let you know if your right or wrong

Comment

do you have a hundred dollars to rent a spring compressor? youll need to rent a spring compressor
                      _

Comment

damn you ppl got to be so "safe/scared" im goin to cut them anyways and let you know if your right or wrong
                        Dam dude didn't you just read all the replies everyone wrote you like are you serious 1 your gonna waste your time cutting then when your done wasting your time cutting them and you put them on your gonna feel real stupid when you sit in your car and drive and then your gonna have to spend more time and money to buy a whole new suspension just cause you cut your springs when if its cause your tight on money I mean dam save for like 2 weeks and get ebay ones a lot safer trust me these guys are saying it to help you not flame on you, but your car your time and your money... o and your lifeee!.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                        My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Oh, were right! The proof is out there.
                          I pray you don't have any kids ride in the car with you. I hope you learn your lesson and don't hurt somebody at the same time.

Comment

Let us know when you kill someone or get into an accident as well

Comment

H22rambo was on cut springs for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X