Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fabricating Sigma Lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabricating Sigma Lip

OK so this is the best lip for the Accord IMO and at this point I just might kidnap somebody's kid to get one. Pretty much the Holy Grail of front lips, only a select few have them and they ain't giving them up. My question is how difficult u guys think it would be to duplicate one? I'm assuming u would need a Sigma lip (which is the hardest part) and from there I'm assuming u could fab one. What would u make it out of? Poly would be my choice but I'm not sure how u could do that. Fiberglass would be probably easier. IDK, what u guys think?

fiberglass

make the lip out of cardboard, fill the negative with non-stick chemical and layer on the fiberglass/resin.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
      fiberglass

make the lip out of cardboard, fill the negative with non-stick chemical and layer on the fiberglass/resin.
      Yea, this would def be a good route. Maybe even sculpt the lip out of Styrofoam and try it that way?
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Kurobei and I thought about it. Honestly, I could make a ton of money replicating it...but being me, I don't really support replica parts. I used to, and I have a replica header...but that's about it.

It sucks for the people who worked hard to have the real thing.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

^Not to be a jerk, but your sounding like a real elitist

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            fiberglass

So what ur sayin is try and fab it without the original lip?
            Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
            Yea, this would def be a good route. Maybe even sculpt the lip out of Styrofoam and try it that way?
            Yeah, styrofoam sounds like a good idea.
            Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
            Kurobei and I thought about it. Honestly, I could make a ton of money replicating it...but being me, I don't really support replica parts. I used to, and I have a replica header...but that's about it.

It sucks for the people who worked hard to have the real thing.
            I don't think the people with the real lip would really give a damn. But I understand what ur sayin.

Comment

I think you could totally sculpt the lip out of styrofoam and cover it with fiberglass. That's what I am thinking would be the best route.

Comment

Originally posted by artillery129 View Post
                It's just how I feel. I didn't say replica parts were garbage, I just said I don't support it.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                  So what ur sayin is try and fab it without the original lip?

Yeah, styrofoam sounds like a good idea.

I don't think the people with the real lip would really give a damn. But I understand what ur sayin.
                  I'll ask kurobei how hard it would be to mold one.

93 'til infinity

Comment

I think you could totally sculpt the lip out of styrofoam and cover it with fiberglass. That's what I am thinking would be the best route.
                    That is a good idea for sure. But probably wouldn't be an exact replica being that we would need the actual lip to copy, right?
                    Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                    I'll ask kurobei how hard it would be to mold one.
                    Yeah if he knows then that would be tight. And if I did end up fabbing one up I wouldn't start selling them or anything. I just want one for myself.
                    Last edited by HardInThePaint; 02-07-2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                      That is a good idea for sure. But probably wouldn't be an exact replica being that we would need the actual lip to copy, right?
                      Well, if you have the skill, I'm sure with enough patience you could sculpt it out of foam yourself and it would come out looking really good.

Comment

Well, if you have the skill, I'm sure with enough patience you could sculpt it out of foam yourself and it would come out looking really good.
                        This is true...

Comment

Originally posted by artillery129 View Post
                          People who produce inferior quality replica parts and sell them for considerably less than the originals are the primary reason why the original manufacturers stop making them. If some knockoff is being sold for 1/3 of the authentic price, then nobody will buy the real-deal.

Knockoff parts are responsible for destroying our aftermarket options.

I support replicating a part for your own use. That's being creative and resourceful. I do not support creating and selling knockoff parts. As I instructed a member to do on here (when CB7tuner got threatened with legal action by the US distributor of a JDM aftermarket part that a member was replicating)... alter the design. Make it similar, but not identical. Then it's something unique, or at least a "bad copy" that nobody will take seriously.

Comment

had a full sigma lip kit on my last accord.... what do you think it would be worth roughly had i removed it prior to sale?

Comment

front lip $280-300
                              rear lip $250-280
                              sideskirts $220-250

that's how I'd price it, of course ppl can bid on it if they really wanted it :].

Comment

Working...
                              X