Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

projectors..hows the quality??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

projectors..hows the quality??

any idea how well these headlight projectors are? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJE...Q5fAccessories im thinking if their light output is horrible, ill retrofit some nice tsx pros on them.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
    any idea how well these headlight projectors are? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJE...Q5fAccessories im thinking if their light output is horrible, ill retrofit some nice tsx pros on them.
    If you can and know how to do a retrofit, then why dont you do them on your stock headlights? you will be saving the price you would have had paid for these projectors!

and from what i read the light output isnt that great, i believe someone posted about this few days ago in off topic section.

Comment

oh whaaaa, those ones come with corner lights?

I bought a pair of those projectors from racing guys as well, but the auction item i bought didn't come with any corner lights >_<

light output with halogen bulbs isn't great, but then again, it's mainly set up for HIDs. I will be putting some HIDs in mine next weekend and seeing how it turns out.

If you retrofit, good luck!

If not and you go with these ones, I ran silicone through the seals to make sure I wouldn't have any water leaks, just in case. another member on here has these, and some other members have the 1-pc projectors. some experienced water leakage, so yeah. check the seals, and I would recommend putting some more silicone in between the seal.

HIDizzles!
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
        any idea how well these headlight projectors are?
        Yo imma let you know st8 up, people talk a lot of shit about ebay projectors (then again its more towards the one piece bullshit ones). I have a set of these on my CB and the output is great. Of course I have 4300k HID's up in it but like I said its bright. Has a decent cutoff too. IMO its worth the price, I paid the same. Here go a pic of them on my shit...

Comment

Loud92CB7:

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I want to see how black housing would look on these.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...postcount=2361

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Thanks. It looks funny, the projector part.
                Was thinking about getting some for a nice cutoff for my HIDs, but after seeing them black, IDK.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                  Yo imma let you know st8 up, people talk a lot of shit about ebay projectors (then again its more towards the one piece bullshit ones). I have a set of these on my CB and the output is great. Of course I have 4300k HID's up in it but like I said its bright. Has a decent cutoff too. IMO its worth the price, I paid the same. Here go a pic of them on my shit...
                  Agreed, a lot bash on them, but i don't think many of them have tried the projectors with HIDs.

Those that posted pictures, I'm jealous, can't wait to put my HIDs in.

@daovangphotos: They still look great left alone with the chrome, and they're almost identical to OEM headlights, except how you lock in the bulbs. IMO, they're worth it for an easier alternative of getting projectors than retrofitting.

PS: go over the seal with more silicone though, just to make sure it's watertight.
                  blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Different, but black housed projectors nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                      Agreed, a lot bash on them, but i don't think many of them have tried the projectors with HIDs.

Those that posted pictures, I'm jealous, can't wait to put my HIDs in.

@daovangphotos: They still look great left alone with the chrome, and they're almost identical to OEM headlights, except how you lock in the bulbs. IMO, they're worth it for an easier alternative of getting projectors than retrofitting.

PS: go over the seal with more silicone though, just to make sure it's watertight.
                      Cheap projectors intended for halogen bulbs won't give nearly as much useful output or clean cutoff as projectors made for HIDs.

The best thing to do is install some projectors from a TSX or S2000 (or others, but I've seen those personally and they look amazing). You can use a cheap housing to keep costs down.

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos
                        close enough??

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

good looks all. ima have to take your word on that P5ylance. i wana keep my stock headlights jus in case. i do alot of night driving so i need good lighting. mite do the HIDs with these projectors and black em out later. dont know if its gonna look good on a my green coupe but ill see.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                          My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                          Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

I did them in my stock headlights. Cost me 80 for TSX headlights in great shape w/ projectors. I turned around and sold the housings on CL for 65. HID kit w/ D2S-9006 relay was 130. Rest was materials to mount the projector and shrouds, about 20 bucks. So for the cost of those Ebay projectors you could do the entire retro. I know HID kits are cheaper now, I did mine back in April 2008. But if you want some ideas on how to do it to your OEM headlights, take a look at my MR thread. I took plenty of pics when I did my retro for guidance.

The main problems I ran into when doing my retro was the HL fogging up in the rain. Took care of that w/ plenty of silicone sealant around the HL in the back. But almost 2 yrs later and I still get pleny of compliments on my retro. To me I think it looks better than those Ebay 1 piecers...they just look too common, everyone has them.

So if you're up for it, then do it yourself. It's a fun project. Took me about 2 days, but I kinda was rushing it... It still turned out good though, I just like finishing projects when I start them, don't like leaving things unfinished. Not to mention it was my only set of HL's so I had to do it kinda quick, in order to get back on the road. But get a spare set of HLs if you can, so you won't feel so rushed, that way you can test things out and take your time.

But I also posted light output pics in my MR thread, TSX projectors are badass, esp. for night driving. Oh and my HID kit has a 6000K color temp. I wouldn't go more than 8000k, but I think 6k is just right.
                            Last edited by Losiracer2; 01-14-2010, 03:58 AM.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i think it looks good

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X