Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shark Fin Antena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shark Fin Antena

When I was reading the thread "shaved antenna", I remember an idea that I have since I got my car, about shave the stock antenna and make a Shark Fin Antenna upgrade. Anyone who done it already? any1 w/ photos? Thanks.

sounds interesting i would like to see like it too. but i think the shaved antena would really look better tho imo.
    Last edited by project_kcord; 01-13-2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

i shaved my antenna hole....reran the wire to my backseat then mounted a small shark fin style one in my back window temporarily....until i can figure out how to get it on the outside it just sitsi n my back window for now..its tinted so u can see anything radio stations come in fine so idk, if its gunna be to much of a problem ill just leave it where it is

Comment

PR CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=fin+antenna

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
          can't see the picturs in that thread anymore maybe needs to be refresh of something. shark fin antenna not a bad idea i might do it to mines when i get to the body work part.

Comment

Originally posted by project_kcord View Post
            can't see the picturs in that thread anymore
            I bet you didn't look at the last post on that page, did you?

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by project_kcord View Post
              can't see the picturs in that thread anymore maybe needs to be refresh of something. shark fin antenna not a bad idea i might do it to mines when i get to the body work part.
              Originally posted by JoshM View Post
              I bet you didn't look at the last post on that page, did you?
              Josh, it's ok, that was my fault for not saying it was in the last post, not to mention, its not a very good pic.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

ANYONE WITH A BETTER ANGLE PHOTOS? STILL THINKING IT'S LOOKS GOOD. BUT THE PROBLEM WOULD BE TO MAKE A HOLE ON THE ROOF OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO PUT IT ON AND GET A BAD PERFORMANCE (EVEN THOUGHT I DOUBT IT, CAUSE EVERY NEW CAR WITH GPS, SATELLITE RADIO, ETC HAVE ONE). I HEARD ABOUT A STRIP ANTENNA WITH GOOD RECEPTION, AND THERE'S AN E-BAY SHARK FIN FOR THE LOOK AT GOOD PRICE. OR WE CAN DO IT RIGHT. DONT FORGET THE PHOTOS.

Comment

Originally posted by PROBLEMATIC View Post
                  ANYONE WITH A BETTER ANGLE PHOTOS? STILL THINKING IT'S LOOKS GOOD. BUT THE PROBLEM WOULD BE TO MAKE A HOLE ON THE ROOF OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO PUT IT ON AND GET A BAD PERFORMANCE (EVEN THOUGHT I DOUBT IT, CAUSE EVERY NEW CAR WITH GPS, SATELLITE RADIO, ETC HAVE ONE). I HEARD ABOUT A STRIP ANTENNA WITH GOOD RECEPTION, AND THERE'S AN E-BAY SHARK FIN FOR THE LOOK AT GOOD PRICE. OR WE CAN DO IT RIGHT. DONT FORGET THE PHOTOS.

yoo first, take off the caps lock...please.

2nd, we are talking about 16-18 year old cars. what your trying to do is put technology that is still relatively new with cars that have just been released on our cars.

*hint* its not going to work as well.

the ebay fins that are under $15, most of those are just for show. just an FYI

Comment

Originally posted by freshnasty View Post
                    yoo first, take off the caps lock...please.

2nd, we are talking about 16-18 year old cars. what your trying to do is put technology that is still relatively new with cars that have just been released on our cars.

*hint* its not going to work as well.

the ebay fins that are under $15, most of those are just for show. just an FYI
                    OH, SORRY IF THE CAPITALS AFFECT YOUR DELICATE VISION. MY BAD.

So you can put an AEM intake, or some new rims on your car BUT you can't put a shark fin on it because isn't 90's tecnology?
                    If you're talking about performance maybe you got the 90-93 stock radio and speakers, but it could work on a new one, or maybe not. That depends which radio you got, not the year of the car. Im glad you consider check it on ebay anyway bro.

REMEMBER: If you're the owner of the car and the money is yours, you can put whatever you want on it, like me on mine's. Thanks for your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by PROBLEMATIC View Post
                      OH, SORRY IF THE CAPITALS AFFECT YOUR DELICATE VISION. MY BAD.

So you can put an AEM intake, or some new rims on your car BUT you can't put a shark fin on it because isn't 90's tecnology?
                      If you're talking about performance maybe you got the 90-93 stock radio and speakers, but it could work on a new one, or maybe not. That depends which radio you got, not the year of the car. Im glad you consider check it on ebay anyway bro.

REMEMBER: If you're the owner of the car and the money is yours, you can put whatever you want on it, like me on mine's. Thanks for your opinion.

whoa! who likes to read in all caps...

2nd off. all i was saying was that you may ( or may not ) have issues getting this to work, because of the fact that our cars are infact older.
                      -yes it is YOUR money, do with what you please, but in my opinion its a waste.

it could have something todo with the fact that i dont even listen to the radio?? so i just pushed down my antenna, disconnected it and called it a day.

Comment

Look into a replacement bmw or other luxury car antenna. If you're goona reloacte it, you're gonna have to run new wire. If you're gonna run new wire, you might as well replace it all.

How well the antenna picks up reception relies on the quality of antenna, not the car. You could put a brnad new antenna on a car from the 40s and itd still work just the same as it would on a car from today.

Comment

Working...
                        X