Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HID Ballast died on me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Ballast died on me....

i went to pull out of work tonight and only one light would fire. PISSED!!
    parked the car, went back into the shop, swiped a couple standard 9006's, swapped em out in a couple minutes and went home to troubleshoot.

tried both bulbs in the good side and they both worked. dead ballast.
    i fuckin hate the standard halogen color more than anything and was pissed that i was gonna have to spend money on a new kit.
    but then i remembered that the headlamps (that i havent installed yet) i bought a while back from Konigstiger had some whiter bulbs in them.

popped those in and HOLY SHIT!! those little bastards impressed the hell outta me!

almost as bright as my HIDs. i couldnt believe it.

i texted konigstiger to find out exactly where he copped em, he said ebay. just the cheap hid style halogens. i looked, and sure enough those things are dirt cheap.

you could buy a huge pile of these things for the price of even the cheapest aftermarket HID kit.

i'll still probably replace my HIDs but for the time being these little "hyper white" 9006s will do just fine.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

something like I have, 6.97 and free shipping.

bought two sets.
    you can also find the low and high beams for 18.
    didn't know that until after I bought the lows.
    Originally posted by scudweiser
    once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
      almost as bright as my HIDs. i couldnt believe it.
      Pics

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
        Pics
        he'll have to. I don't have a camera.
        Originally posted by scudweiser
        once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

You can have my old one but too bad I already throw them away.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Me and Ander have the Ebay xenon's and we love em'. We've recommended em' to a lot of people but they don't care. They just think it's Ebay crap.

^^^^^
            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

You're colored lens halogen bulbs aren't brighter than your HIDs.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                Not brighter, but pretty close to it. lol. Maybe not but their bright little bastards.

^^^^^
                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

get some quatlity hids from www.retro-solutionsllc.com which is my favorite been running them for 2 years

or ddmtuning.com at your own risk haha.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                    never said they were brighter. the color was very close, which is a concern for me. who wants boring ass standard halogens?? they look old and retarded.
                    the distance test will come tomorrow night after work.

i will post pics comparing:
                    standard 9006
                    6000k???(not sure) 9006 HIDs that were in my car.
                    hyper white 9006 currently in my car.

soon after i will post pics of the truviews (supposedly comprable to silverstars), and the britelites (dont know what they compare to).

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Working...
                    X