Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Since I can't post in Suspension...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't bother with that.
    how so? have you actually ever owned more then 1 set of suspension setup? i've owned stock, eibach pro kit, tokiko blues, koni yellows, tein-ss and now im one func forms type 2 and i don't know what im talking about right?

i dont talk about it, i own these things and use them everyday, you can also ask some members off this site that have riden in my cb with func forms type 2 and at 3.5" drop with me and 2 members in the car they claimed to me they couldn't feel bumps and that it was so smooth

i've notice you like to pick on me deev ever since that retrofit thread, you warned me about my signature after about how it was too big while theres people on this site with half page signature and i don't see them getting hasseled, do you have a grudge agains me or somthing?

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
    4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
    yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
    1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
    1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
      Well put deev.

I been riding on Tein S-Techs with KYB GR-2s for about 5k miles now, and no problems yet. KYBs aren't the greatest for lowering, due to the fact that they are simply OEM replacement shocks, but the ride quality is awesome and I haven't had any problems yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

lol

5K? thats it? i rode tein-ss 50k not 5k, not tein s springs on kyb lol and i can tell you they suck... so what are you talking about go out and start driving your car stop looking at it while its parked lol its easy to like something when you dont drive it and you sit and look at it all day you guys talk too much go and live life.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

the thread started about the guy spending $600 on the same type of setup you guys are recommending him, i just recommened a shock thread body design, if they weren't better then why are they the new thing? its new tech vs old tech not to say old tech is no good just doesnt cut it any more when were trying to move forward and not backwards. and considering he is willing to shell out $600 he might as well try something new himself and let him be the judge

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Airhonda92 View Post
          And where might I find info on that?!

http://www.f2autolife.com/
          http://www.d2racing.com/

personally i was looking at the d2 but settled for f2's since wek sos was out of stock and i really wanted to jump off my old teins since they were so shitty.

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/home.php?cat=958
          i picked up my f2 type 2 from wek sos for $899 shipped to my door. i;ve rocked them for 2 months july/august last year and i did 20k on them in 2 months they rode amazing, only one i've ever felt better was astrovannins old skool omni's but what we did was made custom extended top hats so the shock can have more travel and used custom spring rates also there were omni's for a 6th gen so they could handle the 4th gen chassie easily that was probably one of the smoothest rides ever and it was below a 4.5" and on custom wheel adapters as well but thats all if your going for slammed if you just want a nice drop 2-2.5" i would say look into shock thread body design
          and then have your opinion don't let people tell you whats good and whats not until you have experienced it yourself.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

That's exactly what you're doing though is telling him what's good and what's not.

Also, a suspension is going to feel smoother with more weight(2 extra people) in the car.

Threaded shock bodies have been around a long time too, used in racing. I'm still curious about this "new technology" you keep referring to. I can make an average grade damper, valve it to match a 8kg spring, and then machine threads into the body, and call it new technology? I don't think so.
            The design of the damper and how it works with the spring is where your technology lies.

Most coilovers out there have this 36-way adjustable thing going on and you can't even feel the difference between most of the changes, and the adjustment is very non-linear on top of that which isn't good. Any company can match a damping force to their chosen spring rate...it isn't difficult. How about a damper that performs the same regardless of ride hight(not all do), or one that can self-adjust its damping rate according to the suspension's current frequency. Because of the non-linearity of alot of coilover's dampers, if you're talking about a full race application, you may never be able to match all four corners properly. They are simply valved to match the springs they are paired with, while an adjustable shock/lowering spring combo you must match yourself. Most people don't understand this concept and thus believe full coilovers are the end-all setup.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

how so cause i'm telling him to looking around, considering he already spent $600 on some pos setup... ? new technology as oppose to regular shock bodies which aren't threaded they are and older skool design while the threaded shock body is a newer design i don't mean new cause i know they have been out for a while i know they have to be setup properly or else they are usless but thats why I recommened something different then the regular shock body and coil spring..

btw i never said it was smoother with 2 people in the car you can quote me on that i just said when i had 2 people in the car they claimed it was smoother then any setups they rode on and one of the members was on stech like cb7 sleeper and one was on skunk2 coils on koni yellows and they told me my ride felt smooth so what are you saying?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Lol didn’t mean to cause a pissin match between members! Listen, I started this thread to get what other members are rockin because I DON'T want to own half a dozen setups for myself and then decide.... I don't have the cash for that at all! What I am doing is gathering info from other members then based off that I will decide for MYSELF which route I'm going to take. And mndude seems to know his shit so I've taken what he's had to say heavier than most. I will look into the shock bodys however I've pretty much decided what I'm going to do... Provided I can shake my Skunks... Thanks again for all the input!

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
                  how so cause i'm telling him to looking around, considering he already spent $600 on some pos setup... ? new technology as oppose to regular shock bodies which aren't threaded they are and older skool design while the threaded shock body is a newer design i don't mean new cause i know they have been out for a while i know they have to be setup properly or else they are usless but thats why I recommened something different then the regular shock body and coil spring..

btw i never said it was smoother with 2 people in the car you can quote me on that i just said when i had 2 people in the car they claimed it was smoother then any setups they rode on and one of the members was on stech like cb7 sleeper and one was on skunk2 coils on koni yellows and they told me my ride felt smooth so what are you saying?
                  I'm just saying they said the ride was smoother because they were in the car; adding extra weight. My car rides significantly smoother with 5 people in it versus just myself.

Comment

Lol didn’t mean to cause a pissin match between members! Listen, I started this thread to get what other members are rockin because I DON'T want to own half a dozen setups for myself and then decide.... I don't have the cash for that at all! What I am doing is gathering info from other members then based off that I will decide for MYSELF which route I'm going to take. And mndude seems to know his shit so I've taken what he's had to say heavier than most. I will look into the shock bodys however I've pretty much decided what I'm going to do... Provided I can shake my Skunks... Thanks again for all the input!
                    Couldn't you have just avoided posting this thread and just looked at other people's suspension setups and PMed them with questions?

I've noticed a lot that opinions on the same suspension set up can range from them being too soft to too stiff. Suspension seems to be all down to personal preference when it comes to ride quality.

Comment

Bottom line, if you're not going to use the additional performance options of a fancier setup, then you're not going to experience all that it can offer. In fact, it will probably be detrimental to your ride and handling because you don't have the knowledege necessary to properly set it up. Most people on here, most tuners in general, are completely ignorant to that. They think the more doodads something has, the better it has to be.

A GOOD full coilover setup (which is what 90blackcoupe is referring to) should not cost $600. Additionally, a GOOD full coilover setup is usually intended for race applications.

And 90blackcoupe, to answer your question... why are these things popular now? Because people like you buy them, and then tell everyone else to buy them.
                      $600 on a set of properly engineered springs, matched to Koni Yellows would be superior to a $600 full setup. (such as the Neuspeed "Cup Kit"... Neuspeed Race springs matched to special Neuspeed Edition Koni Yellows.) I would even say good springs and Konis would be better than the Form and Function Autolife Type 2, which is the ONLY full coilover system that was actually designed for the CB7.

You see, I'm doing more than barking my opinion. I'm using fact and common sense, as well as the rich history that is behind the companies that I'm suggesting... rather than just "I have this and it's really popular now so it must be the best thing!"

Comment

Bottom line, if you're not going to use the additional performance options of a fancier setup, then you're not going to experience all that it can offer. In fact, it will probably be detrimental to your ride and handling because you don't have the knowledege necessary to properly set it up. Most people on here, most tuners in general, are completely ignorant to that. They think the more doodads something has, the better it has to be.

A GOOD full coilover setup (which is what 90blackcoupe is referring to) should not cost $600. Additionally, a GOOD full coilover setup is usually intended for race applications.

And 90blackcoupe, to answer your question... why are these things popular now? Because people like you buy them, and then tell everyone else to buy them.
                        $600 on a set of properly engineered springs, matched to Koni Yellows would be superior to a $600 full setup. (such as the Neuspeed "Cup Kit"... Neuspeed Race springs matched to special Neuspeed Edition Koni Yellows.) I would even say good springs and Konis would be better than the Form and Function Autolife Type 2, which is the ONLY full coilover system that was actually designed for the CB7.

You see, I'm doing more than barking my opinion. I'm using fact and common sense, as well as the rich history that is behind the companies that I'm suggesting... rather than just "I have this and it's really popular now so it must be the best thing!"

Makes since to me, especially after buying a setup that I am completely unhappy with!

Comment

Makes since to me, especially after buying a setup that I am completely unhappy with!
                          with the koni yellows you can feel the difference.. I have them and took a while to figure out what setting best fitted my liking.. getting out making it stiff and soft and so on... its worth every penny.. GC and Koni yellow is my setup.. my boy has GC's with illuminas and that works out fine too. hope this helps.

GAMETIME!!!!!!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142430

Comment

Tokico Illuminas and KYB AGX are garbage compared to Konis.

Comment

k-sport full coil over setup if you have the cash. Im ridin on itrs' and i can drop this bitch to the ground

Comment

Tokico Illuminas and KYB AGX are garbage compared to Konis.
                                I wouldn't say they're garbage. I have no experience with illuminas. AGX's kill your drop a little, and the damping adjustment is a narrower range than the Konis, but they were made that way. A friend has them on a GSR with ground controls, and its lower than my car, but the ride is more comfortable...likely because the spring rates are softer, but still.

If you're using a spring that isn't ridiculously stiff, then I would say any of those three is fine. I agree Koni is the best of the three hands down, but the Illuminas and AGX are more than sufficient enough. If someone were considering getting them, I wouldn't tell them they're total crap like I would the GR2 or HP.

Originally posted by kantkillkeenan View Post
                                k-sport full coil over setup if you have the cash. Im ridin on itrs' and i can drop this bitch to the ground
                                You can drop your car to the ground on alot of setups. What other setups have you ridden on that makes you feel like the K-sports are so good?

Comment

Working...
                                X