Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Since I can't post in Suspension...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I can't post in Suspension...

Looking for opinions on suspension setups... To be more specific, I'm looking to drop the car 2.5+ f and 2+ rear without sacrificing all ride quality. I read the thread on suspension setups and it sounds like neuspeed springs or h&r springs are the way to go. I've tried Skunk2 coils w/ Skunk2 sport struts and was extremely disappointed in the shitty ride quality for $600! So now I'm back to my eibachs and KYBs agx. I Love the quality of the ride but I want to be lower than 1.8 f and 1.5 r without bouncing over every effin crack I hit. Little tired of droppin cash on shit I don't like! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Originally posted by Airhonda92 View Post
    Looking for opinions on suspension setups... To be more specific, I'm looking to drop the car 2.5+ f and 2+ rear without sacrificing all ride quality. I read the thread on suspension setups and it sounds like neuspeed springs or h&r springs are the way to go. I've tried Skunk2 coils w/ Skunk2 sport struts and was extremely disappointed in the shitty ride quality for $600! So now I'm back to my eibachs and KYBs agx. I Love the quality of the ride but I want to be lower than 1.8 f and 1.5 r without bouncing over every effin crack I hit. Little tired of droppin cash on shit I don't like! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    I've got the Ground Control coilover setup w/ the AGXs. Been dropped about 2 inches since Aug' 2005 and no issues. I could slam my car completely but that's just not logical since I live in AZ where there's RR tracks and other "obstacles" But for how I have it right now, it rides nicely. The springs are made by Eibach, so its good quality. Since you already have the shocks, you just need to get these coilover sleeves. I think they're like 300 new online, just gotta look around. My car rides like its on rails in corners too, very responsive susp. setup.

Other setups a lot of people have are the Function & Form Type 2 coilovers. Pretty pricey though.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

well a little bit of the problem is the KYBs. both the GR-2s and AGX raise the car at least like .5". im Skunk2 struts and ebay coilovers and i love the ride. just want a tad bit less bounce. that will be solved with some Megan Racing sleeves.

if you want a lower drop, go with some springs that are rated for 2.5" or lower. Tenzo R, Dropzone, H&R Sports, and theres one more. i think JoshM will know. he had some on his CB. try out the Tenzo Rs. i had them before. heres a link for some.

http://www.nlmotoring.com/Tenzo-Lowe...-p/tls1190.htm

i loved the way they rode. but at the time i had 55 series tires so i rubbed everywhere. lol. had i had some smaller tires like 50 or 45 series then they would have been perfect for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        well a little bit of the problem is the KYBs. both the GR-2s and AGX raise the car at least like .5". im Skunk2 struts and ebay coilovers and i love the ride. just want a tad bit less bounce. that will be solved with some Megan Racing sleeves.

if you want a lower drop, go with some springs that are rated for 2.5" or lower. Tenzo R, Dropzone, H&R Sports, and theres one more. i think JoshM will know. he had some on his CB. try out the Tenzo Rs. i had them before. heres a link for some.

http://www.nlmotoring.com/Tenzo-Lowe...-p/tls1190.htm

i loved the way they rode. but at the time i had 55 series tires so i rubbed everywhere. lol. had i had some smaller tires like 50 or 45 series then they would have been perfect for me.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've had coilovers on and they're just too damn bouncy! I think I'm going to check out the H&R springs if they fit on my skunk2 struts... The AGXs can't take that much of a lower or they'll die... Found a set of H&Rs pretty decent on ebay so I will probably go with that setup, plus I've got 45 series tires so I'm good with clearance!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion! I've had coilovers on and they're just too damn bouncy! I think I'm going to check out the H&R springs if they fit on my skunk2 struts... The AGXs can't take that much of a lower or they'll die... Found a set of H&Rs pretty decent on ebay so I will probably go with that setup, plus I've got 45 series tires so I'm good with clearance!
          glad you found a nice set up man get them and let us know how they ride.

Comment

Thanks man, quick question, you mentioned you have the skunk2 struts as well, those ebay coils that you bought worked? I'm not sure if just any spring will fit on them... Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks man, quick question, you mentioned you have the skunk2 struts as well, those ebay coils that you bought worked? I'm not sure if just any spring will fit on them... Thanks again!
              yeah. the ebay sleeves i have, ive had for the past 4 or 5 years. just took them off when i had some decent springs or coilovers. but they fit on the Skunk2 struts good tho.

Comment

H&R springs are great. Dropzone ANYTHING is garbage.

I have never heard a good thing about Skunk2 struts on here.

KYB AGX aren't great. I had them on H&R Sport springs, and they worked... but the ride wasn't that great, and the adjustability is crap. Koni Yellows are what I have on my car now, with H&R Race springs. THAT is a good setup. Lower than the sport drop (though I actually preferred the sport drop), and with the Konis, the ride is actually BETTER than with the AGX on the higher springs. The Koni adjustability also makes the AGXs look like trash in comparison. Konis are also still covered under their lifetime warranty no matter how low you go!

Comment

time to step up the game man its 2010 not 1990 your spending $600 on old technology suspension, start looking into shock thread body design man you'll see the ride comfot is totally different on a setup like that, because it does what its suppose to.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                  4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                  yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                  1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                  1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

I guarantee that Koni Yellows and H&R springs are of considerably higher quality than most "true coilover" systems out there for our cars.

Additionally, anything other than the Function & Form Autolife Type 2 has been designed for the CD chassis, and just passed down to us.
                    Furthermore, most people lack the knowledge or necessity for full coilover systems... which could result in even a quality system returning poor results.

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
                      time to step up the game man its 2010 not 1990 your spending $600 on old technology suspension, start looking into shock thread body design man you'll see the ride comfot is totally different on a setup like that, because it does what its suppose to.
                      And where might I find info on that?!

Comment

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't bother with that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          He doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't bother with that.
                          Well put deev.

I been riding on Tein S-Techs with KYB GR-2s for about 5k miles now, and no problems yet. KYBs aren't the greatest for lowering, due to the fact that they are simply OEM replacement shocks, but the ride quality is awesome and I haven't had any problems yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.
                          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

So the cheapest I can find the koni sports is $399..... I already have the effin skunk2s that I over spent on.... Do you think the h&rs would ride that much better on the konis than the skunks?

Comment

So the cheapest I can find the koni sports is $399..... I already have the effin skunk2s that I over spent on.... Do you think the h&rs would ride that much better on the konis than the skunks?
                              Yes.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X