Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Locks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
    What am I missing here? I have 1 key and it works for all the locks, not just the ignition.
    His car has a new ignition. Hence, the different key, and he doesn't have a key for the door locks at all.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
      His car has a new ignition. Hence, the different key, and he doesn't have a key for the door locks at all.
      Well maybe,id assume so...

The locksmith at the salvage auction made a rough key just good enough to start the car... The proper key (from Honda) may work in everything.. the key i have for the ignition is very basic cut and works the ignition mediocre well.

Click it.... You know you wanna
      Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
        Well maybe,id assume so...

The locksmith at the salvage auction made a rough key just good enough to start the car... The proper key (from Honda) may work in everything.. the key i have for the ignition is very basic cut and works the ignition mediocre well.
        Well I suppose the only way to really know whats what is go head and take ur vin down to the dealership and have them cut you a key. At the very least you'll have a new key for the doors and what not. Shit, its only like 7 bucks anyhow.

Comment

Why dont you just go to a junk yard and get all the locks off a wrecked car and record the vin number. Then go to honda and get all a key made.

Locks you will need:

Left and right doors
          Glovebox
          Rear seats
          Ignition
          Trunk popper lock
          Trunk lock

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Why dont you just go to a junk yard and get all the locks off a wrecked car and record the vin number. Then go to honda and get all a key made.

Locks you will need:

Left and right doors
            Glovebox
            Rear seats
            Ignition
            Trunk popper lock
            Trunk lock

This is another option if i cant just get a key for my locks

Click it.... You know you wanna
            Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
              This is another option if i cant just get a key for my locks
              Oh you just need a key for the car? Yeah like others have said go to the honda dealership with the vin. Bring the title just incase. I've done it before for a 96 civic.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                Well I suppose the only way to really know whats what is go head and take ur vin down to the dealership and have them cut you a key. At the very least you'll have a new key for the doors and what not. Shit, its only like 7 bucks anyhow.
                7 bucks? Thats pretty good and if this is true then it's gonna be the OPs best bet.

However, when I took my VIN and registration to the Infiniti dealership (broke the key off in the lock because it was REALLY cold outside) they said they couldn't make a key because the car was too old. My 1991 Infiniti G20, oh, and yea, it was SR20DET swapped and I drove it in the winter time. Bad idea, didn't like to get traction.
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Yupp Honda cut their OEM keys for only 7 dollars. I got 5 made.

some keys still have numbers on them for the cut. but usually if you don't have the key bring your proof of owner ship to them.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                  2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

weird

my ignition key works for ignition and doors no trunk lid or glove box
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                      However, when I took my VIN and registration to the Infiniti dealership (broke the key off in the lock because it was REALLY cold outside) they said they couldn't make a key because the car was too old.
                      Yeah they can only cut a key from the vin with 1990 on up (with Hondas atleast). Of course late 90's on up you run into the problem with having a chipped key but they can still cut the key. Its just more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X