Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

carbon fiber bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbon fiber bumper

anyone ever heard of a carbon fiber bumper for our cars?
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

nawp

Comment

No, there are no carbon fiber bumpers for our cars. Most CF bumpers you see are custom. I've never heard of a CF bumper made by an aftermarket company and put into mass production for any car.

Ever try searching. www.google.com Not trying to be a dick, but your recent posts haven't been important at all. These questions you've been asking are so easy to find out if you just search around. Every time you have a question, don't make a thread about it. Search around, and post questions based on the things you still do not understand.

This thread is useless, sorry.
      Last edited by CB7 Sleeper; 12-23-2009, 12:46 AM.
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Make one
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

true fiberglas
          1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

How stong is carbon fiber?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
            I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
              How stong is carbon fiber?
              Strong, considering it's a fabric. Not as strong as a OEM bumper cover.

Comment

Personally I'd go with the stronger of the two materials. Plus carbon fiber is pretty expensive for something with the purpose of a bumper.

Member's Ride Thread

I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Personally I'd go with the stronger of the two materials. Plus carbon fiber is pretty expensive for something with the purpose of a bumper.
                  The OP is referring to the bumper cover, not the actual bumper underneath. So to save some weight, it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. The strength isn't going to matter with either CF or OEM, it's the actual bumper underneath that needs to be strong.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                    The OP is referring to the bumper cover, not the actual bumper underneath. So to save some weight, it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. The strength isn't going to matter with either CF or OEM, it's the actual bumper underneath that needs to be strong.
                    yep. a CF bumper cover would have the same use as a CF hood or a CF trunk lid or CF interior pieces.

that equals nothing short of weight reduction and bragging rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                      yep. a CF bumper cover would have the same use as a CF hood or a CF trunk lid or CF interior pieces.

that equals nothing short of weight reduction and bragging rights.
                      Weight reduction and bragging rights, in other words, my motivation. lol

Comment

I can't imagine you'd lose that much weight from replacing your bumper cover with a cf cover, lol. Idk how it'd look either, now I'm curious. Someone do this! lol

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I can't imagine you'd lose that much weight from replacing your bumper cover with a cf cover, lol. Idk how it'd look either, now I'm curious. Someone do this! lol
                          well you'd go from about 6lbs to about 2lbs. but when every ounce counts....

Comment

Probably not enough to matter. Cars with carbon fiber front ends usually replace the entire bumper assembly with a carbon piece...then some weight is saved. That's completely illegal and unsafe for road use though.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A full CF front end would look sick IMO. And you'd definitely lose a good amount of weight. Have you ever taken off your front bumper cover? It's decently heavy.

Comment

Working...
                              X