Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Koni shocks, wtf? No brake line bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni shocks, wtf? No brake line bracket?

You would think being that Koni's are so tight and so expensive they would go head and take some time out to ad a brake line bracket on their shocks. But for whatever reason they do not. So my question is, do you just zip tie the brake line to the shock or what? I really don't see any other way to do it other than leaving it hangin.

That's the only thing that irks me about the Yellows.

Other than zipties, there's really nothing else that I can think of off the top of my head. Search around the MRTs for people with the Yellows and ask if they've found another way to do so.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

yeup my tein SS cost more than koni yellows and I have to do the same.

Comment

that's ***..quality shocks and no brake line bracket..wtf..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

you should write them a email or something saying why a product as epensive as it is, doensnt come with a bracket.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Cut the brake line mounting tabs off the stock shocks and mount them to the Koni's:

Sorry I don't have better pics. Those were taken to show my brakes, not the brake line mounting. I had a shop take care of transferring the brake line bracket.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Zip tie the shyts

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Zip tie the shyts
                Been working fine for me for years.

Comment

Wow. Why make a big deal about something useless. Just zip-tie it, or get some stainless lines made. Then you'll be set for good.

Not trying to be a dick, but they're not really all THAT important.

Comment

just take a hammer and a flat head screw driver and knock the bracket off of the stock shocks. And koni's is not the only company that does this, my d2's were the same way.
                    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal View Post
                      Wow. Why make a big deal about something useless. Just zip-tie it, or get some stainless lines made. Then you'll be set for good.

Not trying to be a dick, but they're not really all THAT important.
                      Well if the shits get tangled up in a moving part obviously you're screwed; but seriously, it would take a lot for that to happen

I just zip tied them when I had Konis... and I lived to tell about it.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Doesn't sound like a big deal at all. It seems to me you've got it figured out. Zip ties FTW?
                        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                          just take a hammer and a flat head screw driver and knock the bracket off of the stock shocks. And koni's is not the only company that does this, my d2's were the same way.
                          wow i am surprised that nobody else has mentioned that. this is exactly what my brother and i did. just tap w/hammer around on the top of the bracket, comes off effortlessly. no point and cutting or leaving it off,sure its one less thing(well actually two) but it is effortless.
                          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

you would think paying that much money they would have a bracket on them.

Comment

Koni makes dampers for a huge ranger of vehicles...more so than alot of other performance companies. The design of their valving system is much more expensive too. The manufacturing processes that each damper goes through is costly enough as it is. Even adding the brackets would add another step and raise the cost of the damper even more, and they're expensive enough as it is. Also, if they put the brackets on, they wouldn't be able to use mass-produced shells.
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X