Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

chrome on windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chrome on windows

is their anyway to just not have it im not a fan of chrome o and did all cb7s have chrome on the windows

sounds like the previous owner did that. cb's didnt come with that type of tint as far asz i know . only type of tint that i know a cb came with was the brown tint on jdm cb3's .

take the car to a tint shop and theyll take it off for u .

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Are you talking about the chrome AROUND the windows, windshield, and back glass? Or are you actually referring to chrome tint?

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

o shit sorry i mean the trim around the windows

Comment

You could paint them for a more permanent solution. If you don't want it to be permanent, cover them with black vinyl.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

this has been discussed 3 times within the last 4 months. lay down vinyl. paint wont last on them no matter how well u prep the surface ( at least in the south ), the metal just gets too hot and expands and retracts. ive used bbq black engine enamel 1200, and rustoleum regular paint. the rustoleum has held up the longest but will still eventually crack ( NOT CHIP ). someone did his 7th gen accord with some tape they sell at pepboys. search next time.
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

In order to "properly" prep the chrome, you'd need to do the same as if you're doing your grill. Place all the chrome in bleach to get rid of all the chrome. Once your down to bare plastic/metal (whatever it is), then you sand and paint.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                In order to "properly" prep the chrome, you'd need to do the same as if you're doing your grill. Place all the chrome in bleach to get rid of all the chrome. Once your down to bare plastic/metal (whatever it is), then you sand and paint.
                It's not chrome...It's stainless steel, so soaking it in bleach would have no effect other than ruining the black rubber that lines the stainless steel edges to protect them from digging into the paint.

I scuffed mine and used body shop grade paints to spray mine matte black. I also clearcoated them with PPG soft touch clearcoat. They feel like rubber and still look matte black instead of having the typical shine that clearcoat gives. It's pretty sweet clearcoat and gives them UV protection too. For the front windsheild I had a universal rubber windshield molding installed. For the rear, I just didn't have a molding installed.
                Last edited by wherm; 12-19-2009, 08:05 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

use electrical tape...way faster
                  Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                  Had One Never Did Again

Comment

as long as you sand them, and use a self etching primer, the paint will adhere with no problems, as thats also how i had done my first accord.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                      as long as you sand them, and use a self etching primer, the paint will adhere with no problems, as thats also how i had done my first accord.
                      True. I forgot that part. I also used a self etching primer first.

I'm skeptical about electrical tape cause of how it doesn't typically hold up to heat very well. It'll get gooey and slide around or peel back I would think.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                        True. I forgot that part. I also used a self etching primer first.

I'm skeptical about electrical tape cause of how it doesn't typically hold up to heat very well. It'll get gooey and slide around or peel back I would think.

make sure you sand and primer if not it will eventually chip off!! good luck!

Comment

^^^^ were you talking to wherm?
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                            ^^^^ were you talking to wherm?

Of course he was. Wherm doesn't know how to paint or do bodywork. Just look at his headlights. j/k Wherm.

Comment

powdercoating would be an option if you could figure out a way to not melt the clips and the rubber around the edges.
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                              X