Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

prelude REAR seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prelude REAR seats

i searched and couldnt find anything. anyone know of someone swapping the rear seats out of a 92096 prelude into a coupe? i want to be able to use the OEM optional sub and have my rear seats match the front
    -Gordon | 93 SE coupe

Originally posted by full.circle
    Honda-Tech: the retarded little brother all other Honda forums are ashamed of

I don't believe they'll fit without some customization. Hit a junkyard, and see if you can find a ratty old back seat. If it's in bad condition, chances are you'll get it cheap (since they're probably not going to sell it otherwise). You can mess with that for fitment, and then if you can make it work, you can pay for a nicer one.

I don't think anyone has successfully done it. Not sure how many have tried. The lack of matching rear is one reason why I haven't done the Prelude front seats myself.

Comment

yea im hitting up a junk yard this weekend to scavenge for parts for the CB, but ill check if theres any 4th gen ludes too. usually the pickings are pretty slim for that, in 4 years ive only seen 2 and a 5th gen in the pick-n-pulls near me, maybe ill have to organize another trip to the huge yard in Stockton.

if the lude seat doesnt work i might mod the speaker behind the arm rest on the stock rear seat. its big enough for a 6x9 and is coverable in case i park in those occasional "bad neighborhoods"
      -Gordon | 93 SE coupe

Comment

do et...youll probrably be the first LOL
        OLD

Comment

hey if you decide to do it post pics and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by eddieq View Post
            hey if you decide to do it post pics and good luck
            for sure, one way or another ill get pics and a DIY up
            -Gordon | 93 SE coupe

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I don't believe they'll fit without some customization. Hit a junkyard, and see if you can find a ratty old back seat. If it's in bad condition, chances are you'll get it cheap (since they're probably not going to sell it otherwise). You can mess with that for fitment, and then if you can make it work, you can pay for a nicer one.

I don't think anyone has successfully done it. Not sure how many have tried. The lack of matching rear is one reason why I haven't done the Prelude front seats myself.
              Jason (93accordEX) tried it and said they won't work.

The seats aren't wide enough to match the CB back seat. You will either need wagon panels or to keep the outer panels from the sedan rear seat. In addition, there's no way to secure the seats at the top where the OEM rear seat would fold.

I think you might have a chance of making it work, but that being said, it would involve a lot of custom fabrication.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                Jason (93accordEX) tried it and said they won't work.

The seats aren't wide enough to match the CB back seat. You will either need wagon panels or to keep the outer panels from the sedan rear seat. In addition, there's no way to secure the seats at the top where the OEM rear seat would fold.

I think you might have a chance of making it work, but that being said, it would involve a lot of custom fabrication.
                This guy has a coupe not a sedan.

Comment

wow there is like no space for someone who sits on those seats.

Originally posted by visualpoet
                  some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
                    wow there is like no space for someone who sits on those seats.
                    actually theyre quite comfortable. i rode in the back of one for close to 2 hours and didnt mind at all. and im 5'11, 230lbs
                    -Gordon | 93 SE coupe

Comment

Approach 300lbs, and it'll be uncomfortable. I used to be 5'11, 230lbs myself.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Approach 300lbs, and it'll be uncomfortable. I used to be 5'11, 230lbs myself.
                        lol yea. im dont have my heart set on the lude seats cause i might try to get the top of the sedan seats in instead. i dont really care, i just want something i can use that sub with, i rarely carry anyone back there anyway
                        -Gordon | 93 SE coupe

Comment

Working...
                        X