Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90-91 jdm fogs w/h.i.d v.s aftermarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
    dude, people who have 8000k hid fogs piss me off because i can't see! maybe get 5000k and it wouldnt blind anyone AS much.
    Really cause their aimed at the ground.

Originally posted by 904dr View Post
    thanks benjerman112 that's very helpful. Im leaning towards o/e fogs now.
    JDM or USDM there are both sweet.
    Last edited by benjerman112; 11-30-2009, 10:56 PM.
    Freedom Is Not Free
    U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

What? They blind? Would color make a diff?
      now you see the reason for my argument.
      different temps produce different colors.

google image "hid color".
      youll find all sorts of charts that show the differences.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

color temp not a concern. People in az roll around with some of the stupidest color temps. Even on trucks.

Comment

I know there's alot of people on here running either jdm fogs or after market. Wish they would throw their two cent's in!!!!!!!!!! All I want to know is which would be worth the money. Just saying foglights are foglights is not constructive.

Comment

color temp not a concern. People in az roll around with some of the stupidest color temps. Even on trucks.
            if youre worried about annoying other drivers then it is a concern.

like previously posted, 5000k would be a good choice.
            if it were me i would probably go even lower, but thats just personal preference.

and what does HIDs on trucks have to do with anything???

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Many people are misinformed about color temps and brightness. 4300k is about the brightes hid color and is usually what oem uses, so 5000k is still one of the brightest, The higher you go on the kelvin scale say to 15,000k the dimmer the bulbs get. Anything over 6000k in my opinion is uselsess because not only is it dimmer, the bluer the light gets the more strain there is on your eyes to see. Blue lights are just harder to see with. That's also why it doesn't really bother me when people run hid kits in stock headlights b/c most people get the cool blue lights which are not bright and don't glare.

Now back on topic to the OP, pretty much any fog light you get that is of quality will function like designed as long as they are aimed properly. Just know that if you put an HID kit in it the beam pattern will change since the bulbs filament will be changed thus changing the behavior of the beam.

My 6th gen accord thread
              99 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
                Many people are misinformed about color temps and brightness. 4300k is about the brightes hid color and is usually what oem uses, so 5000k is still one of the brightest, The higher you go on the kelvin scale say to 15,000k the dimmer the bulbs get. Anything over 6000k in my opinion is uselsess because not only is it dimmer, the bluer the light gets the more strain there is on your eyes to see. Blue lights are just harder to see with. That's also why it doesn't really bother me when people run hid kits in stock headlights b/c most people get the cool blue lights which are not bright and don't glare.

Now back on topic to the OP, pretty much any fog light you get that is of quality will function like designed as long as they are aimed properly. Just know that if you put an HID kit in it the beam pattern will change since the bulbs filament will be changed thus changing the behavior of the beam.
                4300k isnt necessarily the brightest, but it is the closest to daylight which is why its the popular choice for OE apps.

3000k for example gives off a yellow hue but its not brighter than a 4300k.
                Last edited by H22Artman; 11-30-2009, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I think people are confusing lumen output with the appearance of color.

I'm currently finding it impossible locate a chart referencing lumen output to Kelvin.

EDIT: Here we go http://www.mobilehid.com/6000k.htm

Notice the dropoff after 4300k in Lumen output.

However, it should be noted that the type of bulb will dictate lumen output.

I don't think there's any reason to put HID into OEM fogs. They're just going to create more glare.

The optics on the OEM fogs suck. I still say they're just for looks. My $20 Auto Zone fogs far exceeded that of the OEM fog as far as output is concerned. I had very nice Hella Yellowstar bulb setup on the OEM fog, and whatever the stock bulb was on the Auto Zone piece.

If you want to create a nice fog setup, figure out a way to retrofit an H3 projector fog into the OEM housings. If I was pressed to put HID into the OEM fog, I would run a 3000k setup and do whatever was necessary to aim them down, because if not they're going to bother everyone and anyone on the road.
                  Last edited by AccordWarrior; 11-30-2009, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                    if youre worried about annoying other drivers then it is a concern.

like previously posted, 5000k would be a good choice.
                    if it were me i would probably go even lower, but thats just personal preference.

and what does HIDs on trucks have to do with anything???
                    I mentioned trucks because with h.i.d kit's theyre most noticable (imo), if they don't care why should I? Thanks AccordWarrior that helps.
                    Last edited by 904dr; 11-30-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Well, technically the 4800k D4s/r bulb is the brightest on the market at around 3800 lumens at 35 watts, but the difference in lumens of 4300k and 7000k drops by about half at 7000k. All in all though anything under 6000k is basically as bad or worse than halogens, not only because of lumens, but because the light is a bluer hue.

My 6th gen accord thread
                      99 Miata

Comment

I mentioned trucks because with h.i.d kit's theyre most noticable (imo), if they don't care why should I? Also I should have mentioned that if I was to use jdm foglights I was going with a 3k h.i.d kit. Good choice?
                        proabaly just cause theyre higher off the ground and their lights hit you right in the face.

3-3500k. very good choice. thats what i plan to use once i get a set of fogs.

Comment

I mentioned trucks because with h.i.d kit's theyre most noticable (imo), if they don't care why should I? Also I should have mentioned that if I was to use jdm foglights I was going with a 3k h.i.d kit. Good choice?
                          Well, just because the d-bags in the trucks don't care doesn't mean you should because the d-bags in the trucks aren't the only one's on the road. There's also us which are on average lowered and lower than most factory cars, so the glare is going to be even worse in our eyes. dont' be a d-bag because a select few are.
                          Once again for a nice fog light like mentioned above and like my links on the first page, you can't beat a projector fog light. It limits glare which actually does help in foggy rainy weather, and it has a wider beam. And lastly if you do end up putting an HID kit in it, it won't glare since it has a cutoff inside of it.

My 6th gen accord thread
                          99 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                            I

The optics on the OEM fogs suck. I still say they're just for looks.

If you want to create a nice fog setup, figure out a way to retrofit an H3 projector fog into the OEM housings. If I was pressed to put HID into the OEM fog, I would run a 3000k setup and do whatever was necessary to aim them down, because if not they're going to bother everyone and anyone on the road.

Highly agreed. This is exactly what the EDM 90-91 fogs are. Basically OEM housings with a projector behind clear glass..... Hmm sounds like a new project.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                            1994 Prelude V-Tec
                            1999 CL 3.0
                            2000 Prelude
                            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                            1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Are the jdm 90-91 fogs made out of glass?

Comment

I just found these anybody have an opinion about them? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33709

Comment

Working...
                                X