Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HID conversion and bulb choice???? i'm lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID conversion and bulb choice???? i'm lost

i have been checking out the HID conversions and i don't know what i need to know. what is the difference in the bulbs their are so many choices. do i need one for high and low or is it possible just to get the lows since i use them ALOT more than the brights. have been checking them out on ebay.

Get 9006 bulbs for lows, 9005 for highs.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

goo to www.ddmtuning.com for good slimline hid kits mad cheap yo lol
      back at it again

Comment

as far as the (example the 1000k --threw 10,000k) dosent matter?? as long as they are 9006 bulbs ,

so when i get the conversion it all fitts in gravy like??

Comment

Get a plug-n-play HID conversion. Also get a relay harness if they don't come with one. Relay harness will save your harness from a possible meltdown during start-up of the HID's. It's a safety measure , doesn't cost too much.

For the K scale , the higher the number the less light output you will have. To get the best possible output get 4300K to 6000K. 8000K is still considerable *According from my experience* but anything above 8000K is just for show.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i personally like 5k.

www.retro-solutions.com I have purchased from. I love their lifetime warrenty on ballasts and bulbs.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

5k is very close to regular halogen color, but with HID brightness and clarity. For normal driving, this is best. I wouldn't go above 6k myself. The blue tint of the higher temps looks cool at first, but the effectiveness of the light output isn't as good, and the color can eventually strain your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                5k is very close to regular halogen color, but with HID brightness and clarity. For normal driving, this is best. I wouldn't go above 6k myself. The blue tint of the higher temps looks cool at first, but the effectiveness of the light output isn't as good, and the color can eventually strain your eyes.
                thats true

but 3000k is best for fogs cuz of the yellow color but go for the 6000k for your lows
                back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  lol it also depends on the manufacturer.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                    lol it also depends on the manufacturer.
                    True.
                    My 5000K's are a little more blue than I'd like, but a hell of a lot better than my 6000K's that were really closer to 8000K.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i say 5k maybe 6k. anything else makes you a target for pigs...its only 10 dollars per fix-it ticket but they add up haha. 8k+ looks cool but like everyone else says...clarity isnt there

Comment

Originally posted by trueCB7 View Post
                        i say 5k maybe 6k. anything else makes you a target for pigs...its only 10 dollars per fix-it ticket but they add up haha. 8k+ looks cool but like everyone else says...clarity isnt there
                        I got some 8000k, they are fine when it comes to brightness. 5000k is like the stock HIDs on BMW's and Cadillac's n' such.

Rip It Up
                        Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

i run 4300k in my projector retro fit. but some days i pop in 5k ones.

but i boosted them to 55 watts and love the output!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                          X