Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Quick n Easy drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick n Easy drop?

Well ive wanted to drop my car for a while but ive been so caught up in paying off some stuff and a friend of mine said i could heat up my springs...I want to know what concequences am i getting myself into and what else would i have to change

That will definitely lower your car but it wouldn't be too great of an idea. Being that your stock springs aren't meant for it your car would ride horribly which would also put more stress on your stock shocks which are also not meant that which will result in blown shocks, poor handling, a really harsh ride, and a whole list of other problems as time goes on.

Your best bet is to just save your money and buy new shocks that are shorter or even adjustable and lowering springs or coilovers which have a much stiffer spring rate.

Comment

Ride quality would be affected, and the springs would be adversely affected. Your struts would end up hating you and blowing too.

Cheap today, expensive tomorrow when you have to go back and fix the springs and struts. Save up and get something good.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Get some ebay coilover's
        My ride History:
        Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
        Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
        Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
        -----------------------------------
        1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

do not heat your springs, you wont get an even drop lol if you wanna go that route then consider cutting the....better yet dont consider anything and save up and get a good setup.

kyb gr2's=$193.00 (ebay)
          dropzone coilovers=$115.00 (ebay)

other lowering springs and/or coilovers less on craigslist or cb7tuner's classifieds

NOTE: prices shown above are just to show and/or give an idea of how much op may have to save to get a decent setup, these are not intended for a sale! just making things clear

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

you will regret if you do that.

Comment

nooooo dont do it! your struts WILL fail quick. this will affect handling and braking immensely. trust me, i have blown struts on my car right now and i absolutely HATE driving it like this. it is also dangerous. I bought the kyb gr2s off of ebay and im waiting for my h&r springs to get here so i can drive in peace. save up the 350-400 bucks and get yourself something of good quality.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

get some decent quality lowering springs and either some kyb's or something equivalent. (tokico, koni,ect) if you only got an inch and a half or something you shouldn't have a camber issue aswell which is pretty nice.

Comment

KRIS05VVTi

your sig is awesome lol

Comment

cheapest drop evar

Comment

Eibach Pro-Kit goes for under $200, drops a good 1.2 inches front and rear
                      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
                        KRIS05VVTi

your sig is awesome lol
                        thanx

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Don't get Dropzone ANYTHING. Get quality springs. K&R, Neuspeed, Tein, Sprint, Eibach... Plenty of options. Cheap shit will give a crappy ride at best, and be dangerous at worst.

Do not heat your springs. That is idiotic. Yes, it will lower you car. And sniffing paint will get you high. Sometimes the end result just isn't worth it.

Cutting your springs is absolutely stupid as well.

Don't lower your car at all without replacing your shocks.

If you don't have the money to do it right... save up. Or make a lot of really fat friends.

Comment

Originally posted by KRIS05VVTi;2179472
                            [B
                            kyb gr2's=$193.00[/B] (ebay)
                            dropzone coilovers=$115.00 (ebay)
                            I am going to have to correct you here.

KYB GR-2's are a stock replacement. You aren't suppose to put lowering springs on them. By doing that, you are dramatically reducing the life of the shocks. KYB AGX shocks, on the other hand, can handle a 1.5" drop.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212 View Post
                              I am going to have to correct you here.

KYB GR-2's are a stock replacement. You aren't suppose to put lowering springs on them. By doing that, you are dramatically reducing the life of the shocks. KYB AGX shocks, on the other hand, can handle a 1.5" drop.
                              and a 1.5" drop is nothing.

Honestly, the only shocks that will take a decent drop are Konis, or custom valved Bilsteins.

BUT... if you must lower your car, GR2s are the most durable stock replacement that I've seen. FAR better than dropping it on tired old original shocks that are certainly going to blow!

Comment

Working...
                              X