Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering my cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering my cb7

I have to admit i'm a noob when it comes to suspension.

Im great with car audio though. but anyways...

Since I don't have chit for money (im 17), would I be able to buy these lowering springs and get some Skunk2 struts and shocks

Sprint lower springs

I would get the 2 1/4" springs.

and these are the skunk2 struts and shocks
    I just wanna drop my car, Im not into the performance I just wanna look good lol. (hey im a teen)
    Thanks guy's.
    Last edited by brsteinbach; 07-11-2009, 07:27 PM.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Since I'm 18 I know how it is when money is tight. So my suggestion is to just get coilovers.

If you're like me and don't mind a bouncy rides, you can easily drop under 100 on coilovers and use oem shocks and get low. Plus installing is easy. I've done it twice now, and both times I haven't run into any major trouble. I've just saved myself hundreds of dollars by NOT taking it to a shop.

Buy Used. I picked up my Ractives for under 40 dollars, and I left the sleeves 100% up in the rear and 50% down in the front. It's sitting level, a little lower, and not cambered out bad enough to concern me (though I did pick up a camber kit anyways, 20 dollars for ingalls. Can't lose).

Hope I've helped. Good luck bro.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Thanks for the reply man!

Would these work? I don't think so but worth a try to ask. Skunk2 coilover kit

Or is this what your talking about? Function Form full kit.

If the first ones work, Can I keep my shocks and struts OEM?

^^^^^
      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

You don't need full coilovers, you can get just the spring/sleeve combo. That's what I've always done.

Also, you DON'T have to spend $300. You can EASILY get dropped for <150.

Give me a few minutes, I'll search around and post up what I find.
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Very bouncy ride, but you cant beat the price, and you will get the drop you want!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...Q5fAccessories

Cant go wrong with megan racing
          http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/.../megan_racing/

Matrix
          http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...r00038731.html

Option racing
          http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...option_racing/

NRG
          http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...i00204708.html
          Last edited by turbomaxx; 07-11-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Sweet thank you so much bro!

Which one do you think would have the better ride because I can save up the money for the best spring and sleeve combo.

^^^^^
            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

If you want the best ride, save up and buy Tein. I believe theres a Tein SS kit for sale in the classifieds here on cb7tuner for 500. They are expensive, but as far as handling and ride comfort are concerned, they are hard to beat.

ALso, Skunk2 coilovers like you posted up there are a great combo with Koni yellow's I hear.

Comment

Sweet I know what im going to be doing with my money soon.

Do you think I should upgrade my shocks and struts to aftermarket ones or should I just get new OEM ones?

Edit: Cause the koni's are kinda expensive lol.

^^^^^
                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

It's always a good idea to upgrade the struts as well.

I never have, but I know its a good idea. SO if your asking me to go by my experiences, I'll say save yourself a few hundred and skip the struts for a while.

If your asking me what is the best result, I'll say get the struts to.

You won't hate it without the struts. You'll just love it more with them.

Make sense?

Comment

wait a second your saying that anyone (me) can get a 2" drop with just sleeve and spring with the stock strut?
                    I am not a total noob but I just did not know this.

Originally posted by visualpoet
                    some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Makes absolute sense lol.

Im just gonna lower the bish and see how I like it.

If I don't Ill upgrade my struts, simple as that.

Thank you very much for the help man. I get to lower her and save money

^^^^^
                      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
                        wait a second your saying that anyone (me) can get a 2" drop with just sleeve and spring with the stock strut?
                        I am not a total noob but I just did not know this.
                        You can get 3 or 4 inches on stock strut. It's gonna blow the strut if it isnt already, but if your going that low you probably don't care about ride. 2 inches is nothing.

Comment

just save and get a true coilover system like the tein ss or even the tein basic. in the end your going to get the ride height your looking for, better handling and the piece of mind knowing your riding right and not on some ebay cheap shit with blowed out struts. if you cant afford to do it right dont half ass it for your own safety. these guys telling you to ride on blown shocks dont care about your safety nor the ones around them.

Comment

Turbomaxx, those things you are suggesting are garbage (I know you like it... but it's trash, trust me). Also, dropping on stock shocks is very dangerous. When your shocks blow, your wheels can't hold the ground over bumps on hard braking. Makes it VERY easy to lose control when you need it most! Ride comefort will suffer, but that's not important. The lack of safety is what matters! When (not if, WHEN) you lose control, you could destroy your car, hurt yourself, and worse, hurt someone else.

brsteinbach, you were on the right track in your first post. Sprint springs are good, and Skunk2 shocks are also good. They are far from being an amazing setup, but it's MUCH better than the garbage that turbomaxx was suggesting.

The Form and Function Autolife Type 2 full coilover setup is also very good. It is the only coilover setup I know of that was designed specifically for CB7s. Since CBs and CDs (5th gens) share similar suspension setups, most full coilovers were developed for the newer generation, and just passed down to us. The valving isn't quite the same for the 5th gen.

Personally, I have H&R Race springs and Koni Sport (yellow) shocks. Not a cheap setup, but the ride quality is superb, and the adjustable shocks are fantastic. Full soft and it's smooth and comfy. Full hard and it's like I'm driving a shopping cart.

Comment

Deev, do you know the spring rates on the H&R race? I have Neuspeed race on Koni yellows and have always been curious as to how they compare.

Edit: Also, If you just want a drop and don't care about performance, and want it to ride smooth, get Tanabe NF springs. The rates are only 5% over stock, but they can drop the car almost 2 inches. Those with some KYB gr2's will give you a nice, safe, comfortable ride....it just won't handle that great. Better than stock, but not much.
                              Last edited by mndude07; 07-12-2009, 10:50 AM.
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X