Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rims and Drop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims and Drop!

I'm having a somewhat difficult decision to make. I want to get me some rims and a drop for looks. but then i want to get performance parts to run faster.
    the rims might go for 300 and the lowering springs for 100. that's 400 bucks total or even less. money is not a problem. they are not far from where i live.
    But i contradict myself and i want to go sleeper all the way.

have any of you guys been in this situation? just wanna know your opinions.

universal-kind of nice rims IMO
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/1234727189.html

lowering springs-2" front 1.5 rear-Tuned by matrix-no pics
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/pts/1237480055.html

Originally posted by Chicano2005 View Post
    I'm having a somewhat difficult decision to make. I want to get me some rims and a drop for looks. but then i want to get performance parts to run faster.
    the rims might go for 300 and the lowering springs for 100. that's 400 bucks total or even less. money is not a problem. they are not far from where i live.
    But i contradict myself and i want to go sleeper all the way.

have any of you guys been in this situation? just wanna know your opinions.

universal-kind of nice rims IMO
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/1234727189.html

lowering springs-2" front 1.5 rear-Tuned by matrix-no pics
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/pts/1237480055.html
    i have those rims in whi if u want to get an idea of what it looks like here ya go diff brand same model tho

ohh and by the way dont get anything higher than a 40 series tire if ur going to lower it with no rolling fenders
    "they will rub"

Comment

looks good...avoid the springs
      ____

Comment

its should be good,but i dont know if the tires are low profile.bec,if its a regular tire i think it will rub.before you change your spring,
        do you have a aftermarket shock?the spring height are good i like that.

Comment

I think I'd lower your car first. Even with steelies it won't look bad. But, if you get rims first on stock suspension, it may look silly with the wheel gap and what not

Comment

first, they dont list the name of the lowering springs so that is very questionable!! The rims on the other hand looks pretty good!

Comment

Tuned By Matrix... GARBAGE. I had a strut bar from them, and it bent. I wouldn't trust something as important as springs from a garbage company like that!

If money doesn't matter... get quality. If money does matter... save up. H&R, Neuspeed, Tein, Skunk2, Progress, Sprint... Don't get cheap crap.

Also, you failed to mention replacing your shocks. Do you really think your stock 18 year old shocks are going to hold up with a drop? If they're not blown already, they will be. With blown shocks, your tires leave the ground over bumps, and they bounce around when you brake. With lowering springs, this is even worse.

If you want to lower your car fairly cheap, get KYB GR2 shocks and H&R Race springs. That will give you the drop you want, and it won't be nearly as dangerous as what you're planning. It will cost you roughly $400 to do it right. That is the MINIMUM anyone should spend on a suspension, unless they get quality parts for a really good deal!

And don't forget about the alignment... and a camber kit wouldn't be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                Tuned By Matrix... GARBAGE. I had a strut bar from them, and it bent.
                Bent when installed? If so, lol.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Nice rims!!, painted in black it's a 10

Comment

best bet if you wanna lower your car without problems is get a coilover kit with the shocks made for lowering less headaches later.as for rims you can find decent rims dirt cheap on craigslist or any other honda fourm out there.... like i got some 16 inch racing harts that need restored for sale on one of the honda fourms

Comment

qet the performance parts 1st kuz looks is suttin yu kan always work on lata
                      Attached Files

Comment

Get some springs that are brand name. I don't trust no name brands. I picked up some Neuspeeds for mine for $70 brand new off ebay. Check it out. You never know what you may find.

Comment

Working...
                        X