Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

where can i get a yellow high beam bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i get a yellow high beam bulb

I just did a blackhousing ang I didn't paint the high beam part wit yellow if anybody knows where can I get the yellow and good ones thanks

I have Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs. They're a very nice, golden yellow color.
    You can buy them on eBay, Amazon, and 100's of other online retailers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nokya...1%7C240%3A1318

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      I have Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs. They're a very nice, golden yellow color.
      You can buy them on eBay, Amazon, and 100's of other online retailers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nokya...1%7C240%3A1318
      yeah you can find them all over ebay. I got mine for like $15 and they look great. They came in probably like 2-3 days.

Comment

Thanks its not a street legal right?

Comment

Originally posted by r.paz View Post
          Thanks its not a street legal right?
          No. Nothing other than white is legal in our headlights.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

nokya hyper yellow's ftw

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

wHATS THE ADVANTAGE OF YELLOW HIGH BEAMS ?

Comment

Please turn your caps lock off. Thanks.

Yellow light is supposedly easier on the eyes... and it's "JDM", so all the kiddies want it.

If you have yellow high bulbs, you shouldn't have trouble with the cops. If there's anyone around to see your high beams, they probably shouldn't be on anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  Please turn your caps lock off. Thanks.

Yellow light is supposedly easier on the eyes... and it's "JDM", so all the kiddies want it.

If you have yellow high bulbs, you shouldn't have trouble with the cops. If there's anyone around to see your high beams, they probably shouldn't be on anyway!
                  It's mainly for operating in fog. Here's a super huge article on this

Originally posted by Daniel Stern Lighting
                  What is Selective-Yellow Light?

It's what happens when you subtract blue from the output of a lamp producing white (all colors) light. In 1936, the French for tactical reasons wanted a way to identify the registration nationality of vehicles at night. However, they did not want to reduce roadway safety, and wanted in fact to improve it if possible. So, they figured to remove the blue from the output spectrum of their vehicles' front lamps. White light with the blue component subtracted is known as "selective yellow" light. It is a pure yellow color with little or no orange component--hence the French yellow headlamps. Yellow lamps were subjectively ranked as better in poor weather and lower in glare than white ones, and this matches my own experimental experience with fog lamps that produce yellow light. But is the effect real or just an illusion?

One problem with this conclusion as drawn from the French experience with selective-yellow headlamps in France is that when the question was being considered, the lamps that were being compared with white lamps reduced the absolute intensity of the beam by about 12 percent. This fact may have had a part in reducing the glare. Because the requirement for yellow light no longer exists (though such light is optional in many countries) we probably will never know the vagaries of the answer to this question.

So, what explains the persistent subjective preference amongst experienced poor-weather drivers for yellow fog lamps, despite decades of white fog lamp prevalence? Selective-yellow light can improve a driver's ability to see in fog or rain or snow, but not because it 'penetrates fog better' or 'reflects less off droplets' as is commonly thought. That effect is known as Rayleigh Scattering, and is why the sky appears blue. However, it occurs only when the droplet size is equal or smaller than the wavelength of the light, which is certainly not the case with ordinary fog, rain or snow. Roadway Fog droplets are several orders of magnitude larger than visible light wavelengths—no Rayleigh Scattering.

So, why do yellow fog lamps work better? It's because of the way the human eye interacts with different colors of light. Blue and violet are very difficult for the human optical system to process correctly. They are the shortest visible wavelengths and tend to focus in front of our eyes' retinae, rather than upon it. To demonstrate this to yourself, find a dark blue store front sign or something else that's a dark, pure blue against a dark background in the absence of white light. From any appreciable distance, it's almost impossible for your eyes to see the blue lighted object as a sharply defined form...the edges blur significantly.) Blue also is a very difficult color of light to look at if it is at all intense...it stimulates the reaction we call "glare". So, culling the blue out of the spectrum lightens the optical workload and reduces glare. For more in-depth discussion of the matter, see Bullough & Rea's excellent study on the topic.

So,What's the best method of getting selective-yellow light? Until the mid 1990s, headlamps in France were required to produce yellow light. This was accomplished in one of several ways: With a headlamp lens made out of yellow glass, with a yellow glass balloon in front of the bulb either as part of the bulb or as part of the lamp unit, or, more recently, with a yellow-pass dichroic filter coating on a lamp's lens, reflector, condensor or on halogen bulbs themselves.

The blue-appearing lenses in many Asian-made fog lamps ("ion crystal", "gold irridium", and other nonsensical marketing names) are coated with a multilayer dichroic interference coating which passes selective-yellow light "on axis", which means "straight ahead". Unfortunately, these coatings tend to glow blue when viewed off-axis, which has caused problems with people getting pulled over for illegal "blue" lights 'cause the cop sees blue as he drives by and pulls a quick U-turn.

Many lamps involving dichroic filter coatings on the reflector or lens tend to create "blue haze" above the beam cutoff or, in the case of a driving or SAE headlamp beam, scattered throughout the beam. That's because of the irridescence of these coatings, which causes or aggravates secondary-reflection problems where none would exist absent the coating. With the mirrorlike dichroic coating reflecting images of the glowing filament, light gets where it doesn't belong. Cadmium glass was used to make the old French-market Selective Yellow bulbs; now that Cadmium's been more or less banned from auto parts for environmental reasons, the best remaining options are dichroic bulbs or non-dichroic filters applied to one of the optical elements (lens or reflector).

Dichroic selective-yellow bulbs are available in some of the common fog lamp bulb formats (H1, H3, 9006...). That is certainly the easiest method of getting selective yellow light from a lamp with colorless optics. For those willing to go to the time and effort, applying a coating to an optical element is a more permanent, somewhat better option that relieves the vehicle owner of the need to find and get special bulbs. If you're after a commercially-available coating for conversion of lamps from white to selective yellow, you can get good results by removing the lamps, cleaning the lenses thoroughly and making sure they're warm, then spraying them with several wet-but-not-drippy coats of Dupli-Color Metalcast yellow, a transparent yellow paint product with good adhesion and durability. Let each coat "flash off" (dry most of the way) before applying the next, and use thin coats so you don't get drips and sags in the wet paint. With each successive coat, the yellow tint will grow deeper. Make it about 2 shades deeper than you think looks right, and it'll turn out well in the end. Of course, the coating needs to be permitted to dry and harden completely before you take the lamps out on the road, otherwise dust and grit will become embedded in the still-tacky surface. Results of conversion can be seen here.

Of course, when we talk about light color in an automotive context, we need to address the question of legality. Under US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108 and Canadian Motor Vehicle Standards 108 and 108.1, headlamps as originally installed on motor vehicles (and as installed by anyone other than the vehicle owner) must produce white light.

Let's stop there for a moment. What is "White"? FMVSS108 contains a reference to an SAE standard that defines "white" light in terms of wavelengths. But it's not just one set color. The standard includes a wavelength aggregate RANGE that is considered "white". That's why arc-discharge headlamps, with their decidedly bluish cast, still are considered "white". It's why "blue ion" or "crystal blue" bulbs with blue-pass dichroic filters sold to poseurs who want to try to pretend they have arc-discharge lamps are NOT considered "white". But more relevant to this discussion, the light can tend towards a yellow tint to a certain degree and still qualify as acceptable "white" light. Osram, Narva, Philips and other established European bulbmakers have been offering partial-tint selective-yellow bulbs for some time now.
                  Daniel Stern Lighting Article on Yellow Bulbs

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=128243

Comment

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...Purpose/Bulbs/
                      I work here, so im a sucker for the place. From what i've seen, prices are pretty good too

Comment

Just black house your lights with yellow high .. i didnt even have to buy the yellow bulbs when i went this route and looks

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
                          Just black house your lights with yellow high .. i didnt even have to buy the yellow bulbs when i went this route and looks
                          I did I blackhouse my headlights but didn't paint the highbeam thas y I need the yellow bulb

Comment

Ebay be the best place i could think of ..

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

http://www.racinglab.com/car-light-bulbs.html

Comment

Working...
                              X