Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is it possible to drill hubs to accept 4x100 wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
    wow, look at this motherfucker and his white horse he rode the fuck on
    im still waiting to see his white horse actually.
    i got plenty pics of my old one and a few of my CB7 in the works
    post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

rota rims can be quite pricey, and depending on what tires are on the rims i could see it

Comment

Honestly, I have to agree with Mayberry... redrilling anything would be unsafe. Just sell the wheels for as much as you can, and consider it a lesson learned.

Comment

you can do it,just find a good machine shop in your area,they should be able to do it,there is one up in hampton va that does it all the time,plus they fix/repair cracked broken rims,thats where I send everybody around me that needs something done.
          BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Your best bet is to sell them. Not worth converting to 4x100 over.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Adapters arent the worst idea in the world. Well,,, I hope not because I just had some made for mine (4x114.3 to 4x108) , ha ha ha. ANYWAYS.

With the adapters it will give you alot more rim options later on... there was lots of gangster shit that came in 4x100 back in the day.

As far as the offset. The ones WEIR made for me are 22mm. As it is now.. at the ride height Im at... I could drive a truck between the sidewall and the top lip of the front fender, so Im thinking that clearance isnt going to be an issue. BTW, 15" rims and 195/50R15s

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                Honestly, I have to agree with Mayberry... redrilling anything would be unsafe. Just sell the wheels for as much as you can, and consider it a lesson learned.
                i dont see what you guys have against rotas. lol im not going to spend 2500 on some RACING HART CP-R's when i bought this car for 800. im just trying to do little cosmetic things to it so i can live with driving it until me and my girl get a house and then im allowed to buy ANOTHER nicer honda.

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
                you can do it,just find a good machine shop in your area,they should be able to do it,there is one up in hampton va that does it all the time,plus they fix/repair cracked broken rims,thats where I send everybody around me that needs something done.
                im going to go to a few places and see what they have to say about the backsides, thats what worries me.

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                Your best bet is to sell them. Not worth converting to 4x100 over.
                they have and are up on a few places but im still not going to just give these things away. its not like i havent sat on set of wheels before. ill keep them before i let them go for 3-400 off what i paid.

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                Adapters arent the worst idea in the world. Well,,, I hope not because I just had some made for mine (4x114.3 to 4x108) , ha ha ha. ANYWAYS.

With the adapters it will give you alot more rim options later on... there was lots of gangster shit that came in 4x100 back in the day.

As far as the offset. The ones WEIR made for me are 22mm. As it is now.. at the ride height Im at... I could drive a truck between the sidewall and the top lip of the front fender, so Im thinking that clearance isnt going to be an issue. BTW, 15" rims and 195/50R15s
                2 questions

who made them or you?
                and can you post up some pics so i can get an idea of what it looks like?
                wheels outside the car is something im not down with.

Comment

I like Rotas, and them there go hard. It just seems like you are goin thru a whole lot for these rims. I suppose its worth it to you tho, I'm not sure what other choices you got other than filling it and redrilling the holes. Except like you said, you gotta repaint them afterwards. I just don't see how they gonna fit other than that, or adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                    I like Rotas, and them there go hard. It just seems like you are goin thru a whole lot for these rims. I suppose its worth it to you tho, I'm not sure what other choices you got other than filling it and redrilling the holes. Except like you said, you gotta repaint them afterwards. I just don't see how they gonna fit other than that, or adapters.
                    im leaning towards the adapters right now, but i may not have to worry about any of this.
                    a buddy of mine on D series may want them so i may be driving these down to VA for him and the buying another set of track R's 4x114

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                      harsh. What do you ride on?

I kinda wondered that too.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded View Post
                        who made them or you?
                        and can you post up some pics so i can get an idea of what it looks like?
                        wheels outside the car is something im not down with.
                        Aaron Weir ( www.weirtech.ca ) is making them for me.

One is completed for a test fit. Il have it in my hand thursday. Il put it on with the wheels and post some closeups so you can see whats up.

I dont want the wheels outside the car either... which is why there only the one "prototype" for now.

ALso ... for redrilling hubs and whatnot... check VW Vortex, they do all kinds of gangster shit to put different wheels on thier cars

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                          Aaron Weir ( www.weirtech.ca ) is making them for me.

One is completed for a test fit. Il have it in my hand thursday. Il put it on with the wheels and post some closeups so you can see whats up.

I dont want the wheels outside the car either... which is why there only the one "prototype" for now.

ALso ... for redrilling hubs and whatnot... check VW Vortex, they do all kinds of gangster shit to put different wheels on thier cars
                          good deal, how much is all 4 going to run you?
                          keep me posted.

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                            Dude, they're rotas you overpaid for in the first place. Sell them and move on.

thats exactly what i thought when i read his original post....

just get another set that will fit your car

Comment

ok seriously keep the rota shit talking out of here, it doesnt pertain the thread what so ever. i didnt ask for opinions on rotas maybe you can go back and read the title again?

further more any one who would like to shit talk the rotas feel free to post what your rolling on when you do

I also edited the first post with what i paid for them mounted and shipped so that we dont have any more people reading into rounded figures
                              Last edited by Grounded; 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

i dont see why you dont re drill the rims?

Comment

Working...
                                X