Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is it possible to drill hubs to accept 4x100 wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to drill hubs to accept 4x100 wheels

Ive searched for a week to find this info.
    I know most of you will tell me to sell the wheels. Not gonna happen.
    There brand new Rota Track R's with brand new falken 912's 205/45/16
    the problem is i thought they were universal and am now stuck with them and out 850 dollars. for the wheels and tires mounted balanced crome stems and shipped to my door.
    Hub adapters arent an option for me either.

so what i want to know if its even possible to make these awkward hubs 4x100 on front and rear?
    the cars a 92 accord LX sedan

and these are the wheels that make me want to kill.!

Last edited by Grounded; 04-28-2009, 01:48 PM.
    post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

you MIGHT be able to switch something over, but i dont know, altho those wheels are sexy as hell!!!!

Comment

Save for adapters or sale them

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
      BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
      SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

since you said hub adapters aren't an option, have you checkecd into having the wheels filled and redrilled? redrilling the hub seems simple enough, but there must be a reason why you don't hear of people doing it. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by 90exkId View Post
          you MIGHT be able to switch something over, but i dont know, altho those wheels are sexy as hell!!!!
          thanks, sucks they sit here and stare into my face as paper weights

Originally posted by cb7addict View Post
          Save for adapters or sale them
          adapters, look terrible there is no way i'll have wheels sticking outside my fenders. its unsafe and looks of crap!

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
          since you said hub adapters aren't an option, have you checkecd into having the wheels filled and redrilled? redrilling the hub seems simple enough, but there must be a reason why you don't hear of people doing it. later.
          i know down in PR and on most other hondas when people want the 5 lug conversion done they simply drill them out.

its similar to how a ton of people do different brake rotor upgrades on civics.

Comment

Oh ok, I never seen a car with adapters. Then I would say try and do what typeg suggested.

BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
            SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

Fill and redrill.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

What is the offset on the wheels? If you bought them new then I would try to return them. If they are used you are better off selling them. To have the wheels redrilled will cost more then what the wheels are worth. Same goes for trying to convert your car to 4x100. Its just not cost effective. If the wheels are like a + 40 something. Then 25mm adapters are still an option and shouldn't push the wheel out past your wheel well.
                Chipped ecu's always in stock p28,p06 etc. Pm for prices. Chipping and tuning services also available.
                Timmy Tuning

Need work done? Hit me up at the shop.
                FISTRacing

H-Town accord coordinator.
                Daily Grind.

Comment

if you go to a decent machine shop, they can make the lug holes bigger and put in a custom made eccentric washer.

That way, you can use the wheels for either 100mm or 114.3mm applications.

Here is what an eccentric washer looks like:

for wheel nut applications, the inside bore will have to be tapered, which can be easily done at a machine shop.

Do you want to pay to machine a brand new set of wheels or save up for wheel adapters is your call.
                  DEVOTE

Comment

i'd go for the ebay wheel adapters dude.....for 2 sets it'll be like $138.00 its up to you

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                      Fill and redrill.
                      plus repaint. thats a no go for me.

Originally posted by hahaha38 View Post
                      What is the offset on the wheels? If you bought them new then I would try to return them. If they are used you are better off selling them. To have the wheels redrilled will cost more then what the wheels are worth. Same goes for trying to convert your car to 4x100. Its just not cost effective. If the wheels are like a + 40 something. Then 25mm adapters are still an option and shouldn't push the wheel out past your wheel well.
                      the offset of the rotas is +40. i will take them over to the car tomorrow to hold them onto the hubs with the other holes so i can guess how far they'll come out.

the other problem is im now lowered on teins and am guessing a severe fender roll will also be needed.

i wish i could find adapters in 15mm

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                      if you go to a decent machine shop, they can make the lug holes bigger and put in a custom made eccentric washer.

That way, you can use the wheels for either 100mm or 114.3mm applications.

Here is what an eccentric washer looks like:

for wheel nut applications, the inside bore will have to be tapered, which can be easily done at a machine shop.

Do you want to pay to machine a brand new set of wheels or save up for wheel adapters is your call.
                      Ive never even heard of these things im going to have to do some research on them. these go on the wheels im assuming?

Originally posted by KRIS05VVTi View Post
                      i'd go for the ebay wheel adapters dude.....for 2 sets it'll be like $138.00 its up to you
                      im just worried that the wheels will be out to far and unsafe. as i said i should go bring one of them to the car tomorrow to asses how far the offset will become with the Xmm adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded View Post
                        Ive never even heard of these things im going to have to do some research on them. these go on the wheels im assuming?
                        I would assume they go into the lug holes.

Comment

im concerned about what would hold them in. with a slight research these are the same thing they give you for camber adjustment in the front for cars that use macphearson style struts.

anyone know what mm it is from hub to fender on cb7?

Comment

so the wheels are 4x100 and what else? there is another set of holes for a reason. Unless they are 4x108 (Ford ) then i would go with the cool looking washer thing. that will be the best outcome if you ask me.

Comment

yeap, mind you the above picture is just an example eccentric washer, the one for your wheels might look different.

There are actually some old school JDM and EDM wheels with this type of eccentric hub hole setup. Basically the eccentric washer can rotate altering the lug pattern diameter, last set of wheels like this I saw was able to fit anything from 125mm to 108mm X 4 lugs.
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X