Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How can I repair carbon fiber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I repair carbon fiber?

So the lip on my accord is getting beat up a little bit from daily driving. How can I fix the little scrap marks and peeled clear. While keeping the carbon fiber look? It is cracked in a couple places. Here is a pic for reference.Thanks for the help.

Chipped ecu's always in stock p28,p06 etc. Pm for prices. Chipping and tuning services also available.
    Timmy Tuning

Need work done? Hit me up at the shop.
    FISTRacing

H-Town accord coordinator.
    Daily Grind.

You should start by getting that poor lip off of the ground

Seriously, though.. here's a tutorial for the clearcoat.. not sure about the cracks.

-mak
    Last edited by mak; 04-26-2009, 01:36 AM.

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
    Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
    Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
    [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

what does it matter, your just gonna break it again

USDM as F$CK

Comment

Soooooooo???? LOL
        Chipped ecu's always in stock p28,p06 etc. Pm for prices. Chipping and tuning services also available.
        Timmy Tuning

FISTRacing

Daily Grind.

Comment

you may be able to fix the clear coat but it the carbon fiber is actually ripped there is no way to fix that without laying new carbon over it.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

What type of grille is that??
            My ride History:
            Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
            Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
            Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
            -----------------------------------
            1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

The grill is an atlantic sports grill. Yeah there is a small rip in the corner. But on the spots in the picture there is no more clear coat. Its all the way down to the fiber? Think it would be o.k. to just put a ton of clear on it and sand it?
              Timmy Tuning

FISTRacing

Daily Grind.

Comment

Originally posted by accordscientist View Post
                what does it matter, your just gonna break it again
                LOL - sand down to the cf and put resin on it, then clear.

have u thought about using a metal plate on the bottom to try and keep the lip from coming in direct contact with the pavement? it might help, course raising it an inch or two would help too.

Comment

I think if you wanna keep that lip you need to get airride. You already can't pull it into your driveway... lol
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Airride is currently a viable option. Raising the car is not an option. I want to go lower. lol. I haven't thought about a metal plate though. hmmm. I might have to make one at work.
                    Timmy Tuning

FISTRacing

Daily Grind.

Comment

Saw your cd5 at the Houston mini meet pics...clean coupe!
                      1990 Accord EX

Comment

get rid of all the clear coat and resin by sanding it down and redo it applying new resin and finish it all off with a clearcoat

if you were closer i'd do it for ya and teach you how to do it but dammit you're far lol

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

I might just end up fixing it and paint it to match. I'll have to wait and see how much of the lip is left by the time I get ready to paint it.LOL
                          Timmy Tuning

FISTRacing

Daily Grind.

Comment

are you still f22b2
                            and how are the numbers?

Comment

good question!
                              Also, like very one already said, for the cracks, new carbon need to be laid over
                              them, as for the rest, a new coat of resin.

Put the metal plate on the bottom of the lip, and attatch it to your bumper...
                              like a front diffuser haha...

Comment

Working...
                              X