Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

window tint removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window tint removal

what is the easiest way to get window tint off? my cb has some purple-ish-pink tint....and i cant stand it anymore lol.....ive tryed soapy water and a razorblade but it just made it really sticky when it dried...so some one tell me how to get the crap off please lol
    IM IN LOVE WITH A CAR..IS THAT WRONG?

MY MR THREAD
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=132771

I used a hair dryer and a razor blade to get the glue off, if the glue is stubborn mix with goo gone and razor
    Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
    MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by champagneaccord View Post
      I used a hair dryer and a razor blade to get the glue off, if the glue is stubborn mix with goo gone and razor
      thnx man ill try it...ill try anyhting to get that shit off lol

MY MR THREAD

Comment

alot of razorblades and windex mixed with denaterd alcohol. I work at a tint shop

Comment

Razor blades, get the windows scrapper, and have some windex with you. that should do the trick.
          JDM Parts for sale

Comment

When doing the rear window, be careful not to damage the defroster lines.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by newjdmdriver View Post
              alot of razorblades and windex mixed with denaterd alcohol.

You mean denatured alcohol, right?

Comment

Originally posted by newjdmdriver View Post
                alot of razorblades and windex mixed with denaterd alcohol. I work at a tint shop
                thnx man ill try that too lol

MY MR THREAD

Comment

Go to wal-mart and buy a clothes steamer and some laquer thinner or goo-off to get the reside off, then take the steamer back lol works great!

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
                  BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
                  SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

My tint guy re-did my passenger window cuz it was getting cought on the rubber trim on the inside that touches the window. He just peeled and edge back with a razor and ripped the whole thing off in one piece! Sounded horrible though, like tape pretty much... Then he used a water bottle (yes, with water) and sprayed the window down and used a razor to scrape the goo off. He went over it a few times to make sure he got everything, making sure to recoat it with water everytime. It may have come off easy cuz my tint is only 6-8 months old...
                    Last edited by eazyduzit509; 04-14-2009, 02:38 AM.

Comment

windex and a new razor, a bunch of them.

Comment

Originally posted by maple50175 View Post
                        windex And A New Razor, A Bunch Of Them.
                        X2... And some time... Its not a 5 second job. Mine took about 15 minutes. But that was a 30 year proffesional doing it on 7 month old tint...

Comment

well origanally i was told to spray alcohol on it and scrape with razor...and i did so and when i went outside the next day it was hot and my window wouldnt roll down....i thought i got it all of and i guess i didnt lol....but eventually i got it off with soap and water and a razor but that took way to long like 2 hours on 1 window....but i apreciate all the advice and info guys....so far since ive been a member ive learned alot and use alot of stuff i found on here....my cb is coming along alot quicker since ive been a member also...and as soon as i get my car moving again ill post pics of what ive done so far i know its only been a couple months but ill get her goin lol

MY MR THREAD

Comment

Good to hear. Lets see some pics.

Comment

Working...
                            X