Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

9005 to 9006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9005 to 9006

i was surfing the web and i can across a page the said that you con mod the 9005 to plug right into the 9066 socket and have them brighter....will this really work or will it mess up the wireing and fry everything not to sure if to do it and mess something up cuz its my dd.... has someone done this

Originally posted by Gecko1 View Post
    i was surfing the web and i can across a page the said that you con mod the 9005 to plug right into the 9066 socket and have them brighter....will this really work or will it mess up the wireing and fry everything not to sure if to do it and mess something up cuz its my dd.... has someone done this
    the only thing to worry about is blowing a fuse i think not sure though dont take my word for it.
    can't please everybody.

I don't want to hear it. I want fogs!

MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129461

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=2287

I was running it for nearly 6 months prior to my HIDs. MUCH better light output over stock.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

kool so it does work and i wont blow a fuse thxs....but it is much brighter like super noticable or is a light less brighter than hids....i don't know if cops will bust me for it cuz i live on campus....do you have any picks of them and wat the look like in the car....

Comment

i did that before. not a big difference
          My ride History:
          Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
          Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
          Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
          -----------------------------------
          1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

oso is it worth it then cuz i have the low beam white lights and i wanted to change my low beam to the high beam because like i said its really not bright at all and i checked to make sure it was nothing else and its not so was thinking of the conversion

Comment

Yes, there is a big difference in light output between 9005 and 9006.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i guess the only way to find out will be to do it.....thanks guys

Comment

If I didn't have HIDs, I would still be running 9005s. Did it for a long time, never had a problem.

Just make sure your lights are aimed correctly, or you're going to piss off other drivers! (and if you come across someone like me... you're going to get swerved at... )

Comment

ha ha naw i think my car is to low to bother anyone....but will they look really bright if i get the sylivans ultra white brights....i did one of the oem ones i had laying around and it looks much better and brighter but not to sure wat the ultra whites will look like...where is a good place to get them at...cuz i bought some 9006 of ebay and the worked for about two months and it burnt out....

Comment

theres a huge difference over the 9006's. i've had this done for about 6 months or so.

Comment

I used Silverstars and regular bulbs. The Silverstars were nice and white, but regular Sylvania 9005s actually had better output.

Comment

so which one was the best to go with for visability silverstar or sylvania

Comment

Sylvania makes Silverstars...

But honestly, I would go with the regular 9005 bulbs. Not only are they a fraction of the price, but I felt the light output was better (that means better visibility).

Also, don't touch the glass when modifying the bulbs. The oil on your fingers will cause the bulbs to blow out very quickly.

Comment

I personally would not do this.

I have seen them burn up several harnesses over time.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X