Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Single Windshield Wiper Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Windshield Wiper Mod

Has anyone done such a mod? Using one windshield wiper all the way across the windsheild. I was wondering if there was a writeup for it?
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

It's been done many times, there is not a write up because most people don't like it. It requires your wiper to be "up" all of the time and it really doesn't look cool. Keep oth wipers and have a safer clearer windshield.
    If you just have to do it, take both off, put one back on cockeyed. You'll have to play with it until you find the right spot to give you the best clear spot.

Comment

I did it, about 17yrs ago. It sucks. If you really want to know, take off both wipers. Use only the pass wiper and adjust it to cover both sides of the window.
      NEW PSN
      H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
      RIP

Comment

I hate the look of uni-wiper. Hate it. Please do it if you wish, maybe haters fuel you!

Here's some ugly motivation.

Last edited by lost_accord; 03-14-2009, 11:56 PM.
        Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

couldnt you just get a super long wiper and bolt it to the passenger side lol.

Comment

A much better and cooler mod would be to have the two wipers, but one wiping the opposite, like some european cars, which would also give you more clear surface to see through.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
            Traded with: Cb7xChun
            Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
            Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
            My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

I want to put a wiper on my headlights!!! thats my next mod!!! hehehehe J/K!!

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                couldnt you just get a super long wiper and bolt it to the passenger side lol.
                it's usually a longer blade on the passenger side. but the arm has to mounted up at an angle so the wiper just goes back and forth across the glass without hitting the pillars.
                Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

look at my members ride pg all i did is take the longer wiper and moved it to the pass side and adjust it to where it wont hit the pillers
                  kiss my grill
                  Members Ride

Comment

I have done it and have it on right now. I really like it cuts cost on wipers in half LOL. I also had issues with hitting the pillar before. It's not hard at all to do takes about 5mins if u need more pm me I'll be glad to go step by step if need
                    Members Ride sold...
                    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                      A much better and cooler mod would be to have the two wipers, but one wiping the opposite, like some european cars, which would also give you more clear surface to see through.
                      You mean have one on top of the windshield??

That would be awful.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                        You mean have one on top of the windshield??

That would be awful.. lol
                        I think he means both on the bottom, one clockwise, one counter clockwise, so down they are both in the middle, up they are both on the outside edge of the windshield. haven't you seen a European car?

Comment

No we haven't LOL we are In the us remember LOL j.k ps I have the single wiper up on my MRT.
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by lost_accord View Post
                            it's usually a longer blade on the passenger side. but the arm has to mounted up at an angle so the wiper just goes back and forth across the glass without hitting the pillars.
                            oh yeah, I forgot that if it's too long it'll swing up and past the windshield.

Comment

I wouldn't suggest doing it, doesn't look right at all, why don't u get aftermarket wipers to fancey it up

Comment

Working...
                              X