Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sanding/Polishing Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanding/Polishing Wheels?

Ok so a year or so ago I remember seeing a thread mayberry made about how he polished his 93 EX coupe wheels. I want to start polishing my CD5s tonight but I searched and cant find the thread or any others with the DIY on what grit sand paper I need to buy. Does anyone know the link?

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
    BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
    SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

a starting point for you

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...polishing+rims
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I already looked at that thread, but I want to sand them all by hand then polish them. I just need to know what grit I should use. Thanks anyways though

BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
      SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

you didnt say that in the post i think its like 100 grit to get the clear coat off
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

love you to buddy

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...nding+rims:tu:
          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post

Lol my bad it wasnt in the post but the threads title says SANDING/POLISHING lol

Comment

No wonder I couldnt find the thread because it wasnt mayberry lol! It was ceelooboob and that was the thread I was looking for thanks

Comment

Ok, im 2 and a half hours into it and still on the 220 grit lol. I need some advice on the best ways to sand around the lip, its a pain doing it with your fingers lol

Comment

are you using water? i used one of those rubber blocks they sell at home depot, i eventually borrowed my friends sanding mouse

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                    are you using water? i used one of those rubber blocks they sell at home depot, i eventually borrowed my friends sanding mouse
                    No im not using water, am i supposed to? I thought you needed to use water when you got to the 1000, 1500 grit? Im using a block of wood for the spokes but idk know what to use for the lip, I guess I need to look go for rubber blocks.

Comment

Working...
                    X